I spent a week at Little Dix Bay hotel an exclusive location in which you feel far away from the world and you do nor care.
The location is fantastic : an exclusive long sandy beach, a magnificent garden where rooms are located , an esmerald sea and an home reef with multicolor fishes, tortoises and corals. What you can ask more ?
The hotel service is stellar from the welcoming at the airport with check in to the catamaran transfer, the room cleaning, the water services , the check out and transfer to the airport. Every need is taken care with a smile.
The food is the weak point of this hotel. There are three restaurants for breakfast lunch and dinner. The main limitation of those restaurants is that in all of them you feel as if you where in an average american restaurant. There is no locall food everything is imported . I do not like to eat lousy blue berries in a location where fresh mangos papayas and passion fruit should be available . I understand that americans are the more numerous customers but may be more attention to locally grown food could be appreciated.
Prices are very high and i am not sure how they compare with other hotel in the BVI but i must admit that location and service justify the cost according to me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rosewood Little Dix Bay is currently closed for a comprehensive renovation and is scheduled to re-open in late 2017. The iconic Rosewood Little Dix Bay is currently closed for a comprehensive, multi-million dollar restoration, which will be the most substantial beautification project since the resort was founded by Laurance S. Rockefeller over 50 years ago. The restoration will include the complete redesign of the resort’s guestrooms and suites, its three restaurants and overall enhancements to the resort’s gardens and landscaping. New York City-based Meyer Davis Studio will lead the restoration, working alongside Miami-based architectural firm OBMI. Together these agencies will honor Laurance S. Rockefeller’s unique vision of a luxurious hideaway set amidst the pristine backdrop of Virgin Gorda. The renewal will bring about a new level of sophistication in keeping with the natural setting, whilst introducing brand new signature suites for the ultimate in relaxation and style. A rebuilt Beach Grill will offer a one-of-a-kind beach dining experience, while the iconic Pavilion and Sugar Mill buildings will remain intact but will feature extended indoor/outdoor dining areas. Guests will also enjoy an elevated arrival experience and the resort’s vibrant tropical gardens will be enhanced with new lighting, signage and improved access to Little Dix Bay beach. The renovation will also bring the addition of new restaurant concepts for The Pavilion, Beach Grill and Sugar Mill; new world-class amenities; elevated service standards and an increased focus on sustainability. Upon reopening towards the end of 2017, Rosewood Little Dix Bay will reaffirm its legacy as the Caribbean’s leading luxury resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Rosewood Little Dix Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rosewood Little Dix Bay Hotel Virgin Gorda
- Little Dix Bay Resort
- Little Dix Bay Virgin Islands
- Little Dix Bay Hotel Virgin Islands
- Rosewood Little Dix Bay Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands