“Heaven. I haven't stayed anywhere better.”

Rosewood Little Dix Bay
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Virgin Gorda
New York, NY
“Heaven. I haven't stayed anywhere better.”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We just returned from our second visit to Little Dix Bay. Our first time was 10 years ago and I don't know why we've taken so long to return. We've tried other places - Rosewood Mayakoba, Four Seasons Maui, La Samanna - all which we love - but there is nothing like little dix. Why? 1) the beach setting is like nothing else. It is situated in the most beautiful cove which makes for great swimming and snorkeling. 2) the resort was designed to blend with its natural surroundings. As a result, you feel like you're in a luxury camp rather than a luxury high rise, 3) the grounds are beautifully manicured and lush with great trails, 4) there are only 100 rooms so you feel a great sense of privacy and connection with nature; several times we were the only ones on our side of the beach, 5) the staff is excellent- so caring and kind. We were the guests who switched rooms (for a better view), among other requests, and they were very accommodating. By the end of the trip, many knew our names and were giving us hugs when we left, and 6) the spa is incredible! My husband is discerning when it comes to his massages and loved it. The spa grounds and views are spectacular.

If you're looking to really disconnect and get away from a "scene", this is the place for you. If you prefer a little more action, people watching, access to fine restaurants, butler service, this is not the place for you. Trust me - we love all that to but some times it's nice to really get away and this is the perfect place.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank JBG&JGG

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Everything in the hotel was excelent: the island, the location, the peace felt in there, the clear and calmed sea waters, the spa... all of that! The only and very important thing they should pay attention is: the food quality and taste. The food is very bad and the prices are very high.
Days before my arrival at this hotel, I was staying at the Ritz-Carlton St. Thomas. They make you feel as a King and the food quality is superb! Even though, I payed a final check of 700 dollars. Here at Rosewood Little Dix Bay I payed a final check of 1,500 dollars for the same 3 days as the Ritz. Excluding nightly rates in both hotels.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Pepe D
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Little Dix Bay is like no resort we have been to in the Caribbean. Food was delicious (coming from a very picky eater) , we hardly left the resort because the food was THAT good!!! The service was excellent, LDB truly has great staff! Everyone was so warm and welcoming. Spa was beautiful - we got the couples retreat which was such a memorable experience!...Our massages were not great but I tried to overlook that.
A HUGE negative for us (which is why I didn't give 5 stars)...... the babies/kids. We were on our honeymoon and we did not want to hear screaming kids on the beach or while we were at dinner. We had to move several times to different lounge chairs to avoid it. I would suggest there should be a "Kids Only" section of the beach or make this an "Adults only" resort. For this reason alone we might visit Peter Island resort next time we are in the B.V.I's.

Room Tip: Second level junior suites had great views!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Ashley C
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Amazing, friendly staff make this place! From your early morning coffee to a nightcap LDB offers everything one needs for a fun & relaxing getaway. The beach and crystal clear water are to die for, plenty of space to unwind.
Spa is a must even if you are not a spa person.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Sam M
Guatemala City, Guatemala
Reviewed 31 May 2014

First of all let me tell you just arriving at little dix bay is worth it, It really is paradise, absolutely beautiful. The resort has a very laid back and relaxed feeling. There is always a place to sit or tan at the beach; it feels like you are in your private island. The bay offers calm waters perfect for children, also many fee activities like kayaking, paddling, hobby-cats, transport to different islands for snorkeling. Everyday you get a newsletter of activities of the day. There are three restaurants; I personally liked the one on the beach the best. The others I found very expensive with medium quality food, a buffet dinner was 70-100$ per person, and was no more than ordinary. Still found it more convenient to eat in since I have a two year old.The staff was very helpfull and nice with my daughter. I really enjoyed my 5 day stay, would have liked a longer stay. I think your paying for a piece of almost private paradise although some things like the restaurants could use some improvements.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Tishcadena
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I so love LDB. My husband and I have been coming regularly for the past 20+ years. Some things have changed (telephone's in the room,air conditioning, children are allowed, a swimming pool - please not a second one!), some things have remained the same (no televisions, beautiful, simple but also luxurious resort, peaceful, wonderful staff who know us by name). We couldn't be happier with this home away from home.

The only negative, and it is a negative for me, is the food. I find it quite mediocre. Over several recent visits, we noted some improvement toward the level of cuisine one would want at such a special place. But, this year, quality has slipped back. Lunches at the beach grill and breakfasts are fine. But, dinners, especially entrees, were generally disappointing. This is the one area that cries out for improvement.

Not withstanding, we've already made reservations for our next trip.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank parbez
Morris County, New Jersey
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Visited Little Dix for drinks one night as the sun was setting and we were blown away!
The staff were so welcoming -
The grounds were beautiful -
The views were amazing -
The drinks were tasty -
And the desire to return and spend some time here on the beach and grounds was obvious!
I'm sure it's quite pricey but it looks perfect for a special celebration!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Bitter End Yacht Club
Bitter End Yacht Club
#1 of 1 in North Sound
Scrub Island Resort, Spa & Marina, Autograph Collection

Been to Rosewood Little Dix Bay? Share your experiences!