We just returned from our second visit to Little Dix Bay. Our first time was 10 years ago and I don't know why we've taken so long to return. We've tried other places - Rosewood Mayakoba, Four Seasons Maui, La Samanna - all which we love - but there is nothing like little dix. Why? 1) the beach setting is like nothing else. It is situated in the most beautiful cove which makes for great swimming and snorkeling. 2) the resort was designed to blend with its natural surroundings. As a result, you feel like you're in a luxury camp rather than a luxury high rise, 3) the grounds are beautifully manicured and lush with great trails, 4) there are only 100 rooms so you feel a great sense of privacy and connection with nature; several times we were the only ones on our side of the beach, 5) the staff is excellent- so caring and kind. We were the guests who switched rooms (for a better view), among other requests, and they were very accommodating. By the end of the trip, many knew our names and were giving us hugs when we left, and 6) the spa is incredible! My husband is discerning when it comes to his massages and loved it. The spa grounds and views are spectacular.
If you're looking to really disconnect and get away from a "scene", this is the place for you. If you prefer a little more action, people watching, access to fine restaurants, butler service, this is not the place for you. Trust me - we love all that to but some times it's nice to really get away and this is the perfect place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rosewood Little Dix Bay is currently closed for a comprehensive renovation and is scheduled to re-open in late 2017. The iconic Rosewood Little Dix Bay is currently closed for a comprehensive, multi-million dollar restoration, which will be the most substantial beautification project since the resort was founded by Laurance S. Rockefeller over 50 years ago. The restoration will include the complete redesign of the resort’s guestrooms and suites, its three restaurants and overall enhancements to the resort’s gardens and landscaping. New York City-based Meyer Davis Studio will lead the restoration, working alongside Miami-based architectural firm OBMI. Together these agencies will honor Laurance S. Rockefeller’s unique vision of a luxurious hideaway set amidst the pristine backdrop of Virgin Gorda. The renewal will bring about a new level of sophistication in keeping with the natural setting, whilst introducing brand new signature suites for the ultimate in relaxation and style. A rebuilt Beach Grill will offer a one-of-a-kind beach dining experience, while the iconic Pavilion and Sugar Mill buildings will remain intact but will feature extended indoor/outdoor dining areas. Guests will also enjoy an elevated arrival experience and the resort’s vibrant tropical gardens will be enhanced with new lighting, signage and improved access to Little Dix Bay beach. The renovation will also bring the addition of new restaurant concepts for The Pavilion, Beach Grill and Sugar Mill; new world-class amenities; elevated service standards and an increased focus on sustainability. Upon reopening towards the end of 2017, Rosewood Little Dix Bay will reaffirm its legacy as the Caribbean’s leading luxury resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Rosewood Little Dix Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rosewood Little Dix Bay Hotel Virgin Gorda
- Little Dix Bay Resort
- Little Dix Bay Virgin Islands
- Little Dix Bay Hotel Virgin Islands
- Rosewood Little Dix Bay Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands