Rosewood Little Dix Bay
Saba Rock Resort(Virgin Gorda)
  • Breakfast included
Mango Bay Resort(Virgin Gorda)
  • Breakfast included
  • Beachfront
  • Pool
All reviewsmeal planrum punchlobsterwater sportslow seasonsan juanhog heavenscuba divingworld classboat tripgorgeous viewsbitter endbayspabathsresortcaribbean
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

Just got back from my third stay at little Dix bay. How does it keep getting better???? My junior suite was to die for, the food excellent and the beach as quiet as a mouse. Just the way I like it. I never will go anywhere else. It is just the most wonderful place on earth. The staff was so friendly and knew my name after one day. I felt like a king!!! If you thinking about it....DO IT

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Nicholas M
Reviewed 18 June 2014

The natural setting of Little Dix is amazing, the beach is one of the best resort beaches. Beautiful bay, the bluest water, lapping waves, soft sand. The grounds are beautiful, the rooms top notch,
The service is good without being intrusive. More frequent and flexible ferry service to and from the island would be helpful, you either have to want to stay at Little Dix for your entire trip,, or have access to your own boat to "island hop", we had friends staying at other places in the BVI, and moving around was a hassle and we racked up some charges for private transport.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank elm1215
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We just returned from our second visit to Little Dix Bay. Our first time was 10 years ago and I don't know why we've taken so long to return. We've tried other places - Rosewood Mayakoba, Four Seasons Maui, La Samanna - all which we love - but there is nothing like little dix. Why? 1) the beach setting is like nothing else. It is situated in the most beautiful cove which makes for great swimming and snorkeling. 2) the resort was designed to blend with its natural surroundings. As a result, you feel like you're in a luxury camp rather than a luxury high rise, 3) the grounds are beautifully manicured and lush with great trails, 4) there are only 100 rooms so you feel a great sense of privacy and connection with nature; several times we were the only ones on our side of the beach, 5) the staff is excellent- so caring and kind. We were the guests who switched rooms (for a better view), among other requests, and they were very accommodating. By the end of the trip, many knew our names and were giving us hugs when we left, and 6) the spa is incredible! My husband is discerning when it comes to his massages and loved it. The spa grounds and views are spectacular.

If you're looking to really disconnect and get away from a "scene", this is the place for you. If you prefer a little more action, people watching, access to fine restaurants, butler service, this is not the place for you. Trust me - we love all that to but some times it's nice to really get away and this is the perfect place.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank JBG&JGG
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Everything in the hotel was excelent: the island, the location, the peace felt in there, the clear and calmed sea waters, the spa... all of that! The only and very important thing they should pay attention is: the food quality and taste. The food is very bad and the prices are very high.
Days before my arrival at this hotel, I was staying at the Ritz-Carlton St. Thomas. They make you feel as a King and the food quality is superb! Even though, I payed a final check of 700 dollars. Here at Rosewood Little Dix Bay I payed a final check of 1,500 dollars for the same 3 days as the Ritz. Excluding nightly rates in both hotels.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Pepe D
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Little Dix Bay is like no resort we have been to in the Caribbean. Food was delicious (coming from a very picky eater) , we hardly left the resort because the food was THAT good!!! The service was excellent, LDB truly has great staff! Everyone was so warm and welcoming. Spa was beautiful - we got the couples retreat which was such a memorable experience!...Our massages were not great but I tried to overlook that.
A HUGE negative for us (which is why I didn't give 5 stars)...... the babies/kids. We were on our honeymoon and we did not want to hear screaming kids on the beach or while we were at dinner. We had to move several times to different lounge chairs to avoid it. I would suggest there should be a "Kids Only" section of the beach or make this an "Adults only" resort. For this reason alone we might visit Peter Island resort next time we are in the B.V.I's.

Room Tip: Second level junior suites had great views!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple