Rosewood Little Dix Bay
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Beachfront
Mango Bay Resort(Virgin Gorda)
  • Pool
Saba Rock Resort(Virgin Gorda)
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
Guana Island(Guana Island)
  • Pool
All reviewsmeal planrum punchlobsterwater sportslow seasonsan juanhog heavenscuba divingworld classboat tripgorgeous viewsbitter endbayspabathsresortcaribbean
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 April 2007

We went to Caneel Bay a few years back and we have been hooked on Little Dix and Caneel ever since. From the moment you reach the boat to be transfered, everything is taken care of(luggage, drink and cold towel). We traveled this time with our toddler son, my parents and my niece. We all had the Oceanview Rooms which was very nicely decorated and spacious. Our maid was a gem, she showed up the same time each night to have eveything ready s we could put our son to bed and always made sure we had enough towels and shampoo.
The staff at Little Dix was great, everyone knew my sons name and made it a point to say hello. We never used the kids center because he always stayed with us but the place looked clean and lots of fun. We borrowed some toys throughout the trip and brought them back when we were done. The beach is really great for small kids, the water is still and shallow. There's great snorkeling, shelling and you can see the residence sea turtle everyday.
The food was very good but expensive. You should go on the meal plan. We love Little Dix and will be going back next year this time with our son and our daughter and I am looking forward to every minute of it!

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled with family
5  Thank emmyaunt
Reviewed 21 March 2007

Wanted a carribean resort with a great beach, kid-friendly atmosphere
and nice accomodations. Little dix is just that. Stunning beach, very
nice rooms (stayed in the junior suite - which had just been renovated) and very good service.

had read about other folks concerns with the food. I thought the food was pretty good. Now certainly not a 5 star new york restaurant but for the carribean it was quite good.

The best part of this resort is its location. Little dix is on a mile long beach that is quite stunning. Additionally, the resort has beach drops (free of charge) where they will drop you off on a remote beach nearby and come get you later - you get to have your own beach to yourself for the whole morning!

The price of the resort is steep. However, compared to other luxury resorts in the carribean this is much nicer in terms of location, room quality and service. The only thing I would warn is that if you want to get away from kids this might not be the right place. It really is geared towards families and kids (which I loved).

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled with family
7  Thank lstein
Reviewed 14 March 2007

Perfection on the beach. Magnificent new beachfront suite which featured a stunning, private outdoor shower. Excellent and attentive management team. Cheerful and careful service throughout. We traveled with our six year old son. He was the only child on property (during a pre-winter break week), but challenging hikes, tennis lessons, swimming and great snorkeling easily made up for the lack of young company. (The "children's grove" was open throughout the day as an alternative and our evening sitter was warm and playful.) Fewer family groups made for more peaceful meals and quieter beachfront activity. The spa was world-class in a most beautiful setting perched above the sea. Little Dix was gorgeous and serene. We will return often.

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled with family
7  Thank smayfein
Reviewed 2 March 2007

From the moment I first called to make our reservation I was pleased. Coming from a background in Hotel / Restaurant Management, I am very particular and I know what I should be getting in terms of service. Anyway, I had questions for the reservationists concerning the completion of newer rooms (with much nicer bathrooms). Not only did she answer my questions, but she called me back to further clarify new information she received a few days later. She had also been to the property, and in turn could answer many questions that I had about it.
We were greeted promptly at the airport. The boat ride over was relaxing, and we were well taken care of. The first sight of the property is totally breathtaking, and throughout our trip we were impressed by how well the natural beauty is maintained on the resort. Everyone working here was friendly and attentive, from housekeeping to the taxi drivers. Our room was NEW just as promised, and immaculate (We like CLEAN!). The pool and beach areas have everything you need right there, umbrellas, rafts, towels (plenty), and staff to serve you throughout the day. Breakfast was included in our rate, and it was excellent. Smoothies, all different juices, eggs, cereal, etc... Although there was quite a variety, it was the same variety everyday. This leads me to our only real negative. Now please keep in mind we live just outside of Manhattan, we dine out at least 3 times a week and again, I have a background in restaurants. Aside from breakfast, the food was awful. It was not only bland and unimpressive, but very expensive. We ended up ordering cafe food from room service the last few meals. - VERY IMPORTANT - The $70 per person buffet was so not worth it, it left a lot to be desired.
But all and all, you won’t beat most other aspects. This place was extraordinary as far as location, service, cleanliness, atmosphere, activities, and relaxation. I could not work out an appointment at the spa, which was a little disappointing but whatever. One last thing, if you are looking for value, perhaps you should go somewhere else. We personally were more concerned with enjoying our trip, and we truly did.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled as a couple
14  Thank rob&gee
Reviewed 27 February 2007

I am an actress, working on television, and have had the opportunity to travel extensively and stay in some of the most beautiful hotels in the world. My family and I have been going to Little Dix Bay Hotel for about 15 years and we have always loved it so much that we have never even considered going anywhere else for our winter vacation. We recently came back from yet another glorious visit there and found that there have been some marvellous additions to the resort of which we took full advantage . A beautiful spa, redone tennis courts, a spectacular state-of-the-art gym, and all of the rooms have been upgraded. For us, this is a perfect vacation- the staff are all so kind and delightful- they afford us such privacy and are so attentive to every little detail-there are three restaurants all serving excellent cuisine and wonderful wines- we never feel the need to leave the resort. Obviously, this is a paradise for us and I so look forward to next winter and our next vacation at Little Dix Bay.

• Stayed: January 2007, travelled with family