“Top of the island spectacular sunset photos over Tortola”
Review of Virgin Gorda Peak

US$1,468.46*
and up
8-Day Sightseeing Cruise to the British Virgin Islands and US Virgin Islands
More attraction details
Owner description: There's even a tower on Virgin Gorda's highest peak to enhance the breathtaking and dizzying panorama.
Reviewed 11 April 2013

Nice hike not too bad great in afternoon for sunset photos over tortoa and to see whole island. some mosquitos no other hikers. Is picnic table and small observation platform. If go sunset take a flashlight because if you do not hump it quickly to get down gets a little dark

There are newer reviews for Virgin Gorda Peak

Reviewed 24 March 2013

I had been planning this trip for months and finally we made it!!! We took a ferry to VG and the rented a car. That's the way to go! Speedys ferry and car rental. Spend the $ it's worth it!!! We went to all the attractions and saved the drive to the peak last and WOW! Last year we went to the Grand Canyon and this BVi. When we looked out over the lookout it was moving tears in my eyes! Just totally amazing to think I am here and seeing this was awesome!!!! The Grand Canyon is still at the top but this is next in my heart. When we go back I want to stay on Virgin Gorda to explore every inch.

1  Thank cnhbowles
Reviewed 19 February 2013

This is a fairly easy hike. wear good hiking sneakers. The trail is well maintained, about a 35-45 minute hike. The view from the top, a tower has been built, is beautiful. you have a 360 degree view of the caribbean. we didn't pack a lunch, just water. I advise doing it early in the day as the day heats up quickly, it gets cooking. Fun to do.

1  Thank dreamtrvel2016
Reviewed 1 February 2013

OK, so the view is totally worth the hike. You can see Necker Island and Anegada in one direction, and the entire island chain in another. It was marvelous.

The hike up was quite memorable, too! It's not too tough of a hike, about an hour going gently uphill. Lots of neat plants and flowers along the way, and you go through a few different micro-ecosystems on your way.

My husband will never forget the five giant spiders strung across the trail. I will never forget the three ground snakes we had to step over. Neither are poisonous (I think), but are quite surprising if you're not looking for them.

Enjoy the flora, fauna, and ultimate view, but watch where you're putting your feet and your face. We didn't run into anyone else on the trail, and were alone on the viewing tower.

2  Thank Bonnie M
Reviewed 5 January 2013

Loads of hermit crabs and a giant spider made our trek worthwhile, or at least, memorable. The climb is short and easy. The summit is not open, but climb the look out tower for great views. Bring water, but I wouldn't plan a lunch up there. Trails are reasonably well marked. Lots of orchids too.

1  Thank kennebec70