“Best conch fritters on the planet!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Virgin Gorda
Leverick Bay Resort
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Virgin Gorda
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I have always moored offshore on a private yacht when in the British Virgin Islands, so I can only review the beach bar and restaurant downstairs, not the accommodations. Burgers are good. Pain killer drinks are the best around, and the conch fritters keep bringing me back here time after time. It's a fun spot to,spend a few hours when cruising around. A guy plays guitar dressed like a pirate from 5-7. Very hokey, but it fun to see the tourists get into it. Conch shell blowing contest...get it?

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
mgarraus, Public Relations Manager at Leverick Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Thank you for your review!! We will keep cooking these conch fritters for you! See you soon!
Cheers from Leverick Bay Resort.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

I have just read the 'not worth it' review and wished to write my own about my many return visits to Leverick Bay. I found all the staff extremely friendly, and helpful in everyway, especially the front desk girls, whether it was a taxi, car hire, where to go, what to do. The taxi fares are government controlled so there is no room for anyone trying to make monies other than stated. The taxi fares are printed on the wall in front desk. The tennis court no long exists and has been turned into a car park to accommodate so many cars who go to Leverick Bay to enjoy. I also found that the people throughout the BVI's are one of the most honest people, so am sorry to hear the last review which is far from what I have experienced. I will return!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank yfigaredo

Thank you for your review!! We really hope to see you soon!
Warm regards from Leverick Bay!

Reviewed 13 February 2014

Very, very disappointing. Don't waste a $50 taxi ride over here. The tennis courts were in horrible shape and were being used as a parking lot. The front desk staff was rude, lazy, and spent more time trying to get money out of us rather than helping us.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank LBinMA
Reviewed 10 January 2014

This hotel is geared towards boaters looking for a night's stay not for vacationers spending a whole week lying by the beach or pool at the Resort. We knew it going in. I'm sure the Villa's are a different story though. The beach is small and looks to be man made. The pool is adequate I guess but sits next to the restaurant and bar so it's a busy area. Beach or pool didn't looked to be used much while we were there, though we weren't there much during the day. It is however a great place to be in the evening. Bustling with the boaters that have come in for their nightly anchorage. Restaurant was excellent with prompt service. There is a higher end restaurant upstairs that we didn't use. Bar serves strong drinks and all at fair "Island" prices. Even had a television at the bar to catch up on the happenings in the sports world. Friday Night BBQ Buffet & Jumbie Party were a lot of fun! Don't miss it! They do not serve breakfast at Leverick Bay so plan accordingly.

Pussers Store onsite with good quality merchandise at fair prices. Full service dock that can get you whatever you could possibly want to do on the water. Boat rentals, Dinghy rentals, Jet ski rentals, Water Skiing etc. Dive Op there as well that is closed on Sundays. Dive Op also offers snorkeling trips and day trips to Anegada. We used the public ferry to Anegada because we wanted to be on our own schedule. There is a store in the complex that has pretty much everything. It's used as a provisional store for the boats so is very well stocked. Opens @ 7:00am.

Room was worn but clean. Again I expected this going in. Everything was functional except for the safe. I'm sure they would have fixed it but we never took the time to go down and tell them about it. We were on the go everyday and didn't get back to the Hotel until about 6:00pm each evening. Virgin Gorda is very laid back so it was nice coming back to a place where we knew there would be a little nightlife in the evening. Rooms are up on the hill from the marina so it's a bit of a hike to get back up there or you can drive down if you would like. We didn't find it necessary to drive down, and I do lazy very well. :) Nice view of the Marina from the balcony.

I had read about the Hotel staff being rude and standoffish. Not even close. Maybe if you go in with an attitude they give it back. Dunno? Letica was very helpful from start to finish. She knew Ferry services were going to be hectic on Christmas Day so we kept in constant contact with her throughout our Ferry adventure from St Thomas. And it was an adventure! First ferry out of St Thomas never showed up so we didn't have any idea what time we would arrive on the island. No problem, L&S Car rental who Letica set up for us was right at the dock waiting for our arrival even though we were over two hours late. Then I left my wallet in the room and didn't realize it until a week later. Contacted Letica and yes she had it. She seemed relieved when I assured her that there wasn't any money in it when I left just Credit Cards. She's Fed Exing it back to me Thanks for all of your help Letica!

If you're looking to land on a lounge chair for a week this is not the place for you. If you're looking for a place to sleep with a very nice evening setting while exploring all that this beautiful island has to offer during the day than this is the place for you.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I had high hopes for the resort given some of the things I've read. We arrived in the marina and the docking guys were really helpful. On the surface it looks ok (I can see past the building works etc), but I thought the facilities and overall staff attitude were poor... I feel like we went to a different place having read some of the reviews here. Yes it's cheap, but you get what you pay for. The shop is pretty well stocked and we had dinner in the main restaurant, which was large and pretty empty. We were still rushed to order as they were expecting a large party to arrive (turned out to be 8 people). They spaced people really far apart, so there was really no atmosphere or buzz. I had high hopes for the food (again given the reviews), but was again disappointed - average at best. The food came very quickly without a break between, due to the large party. Wine list is OK but overall the food and wine is way over priced for what it is. We had a decent budget and went to The Bitter End and Peter Island, but this really isn't worth the money. I was also expecting much better facilities - 3 pathetic luke warm dribbles of water coming out of the shower head isn't a great experience. The whole place needs a revamp. I don't understand the high reviews at all - surely that can't be down to free ice and a handshake from the manager? Perhaps I went on an off period, but that still doesn't explain the state of the place. If you're planning to sail here, my advise would be to skip it and head straight to the BE or other resorts nearby. Looked to be a popular spot for people to stock up at the grocery store briefly and then head somewhere else.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DNB571
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights. Although it is not as expensive as the other resorts, this place is not still very cheap either and I still expect a better kept up place for the amount we payed for a hotel room. The rooms are large and must have been nice when they were built, the problem is that they were not well maintained. The restaurant and the beach bar were very nice, the highlights really. The staff was functional but there were not many of them, the reception closed at 6pm, no room service on Sundays.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 November 2013

We rented a villa (Serendipity) which was beautiful. It had the most amazing views. We used the resort at Leverick Bay all week. The food was absolutely delicious. The staff was exceptional. Cat (the manager at the restaurant) goes above and beyond to make sure everyone is happy. Allie the bartender was awesome too. The waitresses were just has good. I can't say enough about our trip. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank marymac27
mgarraus, Public Relations Manager at Leverick Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Thank you for writing a review of your stay with us! We hope to see you come back soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Virgin Gorda
#1 of 1 in North Sound
Mango Bay Resort
Mango Bay Resort
#3 of 7 in Virgin Gorda

Been to Leverick Bay Resort? Share your experiences!