We stayed at Mango Bay for 7 days in October of 2010 (low season). Location was beautiful, the grounds maintained very nicely and the beach had very little traffic. We were usually 2 of maybe 5-6 total people on the beach at most times and many times the only two on the beach. Geno was great! He was more than happy to answer all of our questions and make a few calls to assist with our trip back to Tortola. We had originally wanted a 1bd ocean front villa but they were booked so we settled for an ocean view. When we got there, Geno upgraded us to a 2bd ocean front suit since it was unoccupied. The villa was pretty nice, lots of room, outdoor kitchen, air conditioning in the bedrooms, and only a few short steps from the water. We spent lots of time swimming and snorkeling right out in front of the resort.
We did have a couple of small issues:
1.) Had a bit of a mosquito problem inside the villa. The screen door had a bit of a gap in the frame so the mosquitoes (which were very numerous) were getting into the villa. We solved the issue with a couple citronella candles and a bit of duct tape over the gap.
2.) Kayaks were a bit dated and beat up. We ended up in a 2 person that had a crack we didn’t notice. Let’s just say it made for an interesting swim back to shore.
The issues were very minor and overall we were extremely happy with our stay. We are hoping we will make it back to this wonderful resort some day in the near future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mango Bay Resort adheres to a strong commitment to serve our guests and make sure they enjoy their luxury beach vacation at its fullest. We strive to deliver what we promise to all our guests: a caring and attentive management and friendly staff who will accommodate any guest requests or needs. Mango Bay Resort is a small and cozy yet easygoing luxury resort that provides all the necessities needed for the finest Caribbean vacation. We strive to provide a quiet, peaceful and tranquil location for all of our visitors to enjoy ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Mango Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mango Bay Hotel Virgin Gorda
- Mango Bay Virgin Gorda
- Mango Bay Resort Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands