“Fun, great food & amazing atmosphere!”
Review of CocoMaya

CocoMaya
Ranked #1 of 38 Restaurants in Virgin Gorda
Price range: US$0 - US$39
Cuisines: Latin
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Virgin Gorda's Newest Beachfront restaurant, nestled between National Park boulders and gorgeous blue seaside. Enjoy Latin Asian fusion cuisine by a fireside lounge with original delicious cocktails.Open 7 days for lunch, Happy Hour and dinner. Bar Snacks all day.Takeaway.
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Beautiful setting! My husband & I took a cab from our resort. We were lucky to hit the 2 for 1 margaritas which were great! Glen was our server and was awesome! He was friendly, attentive, knowledgable. We ordered a variety of tapas. All were amazing, our favorite was the lettuce wraps with shrimp. We stayed until it got dark, sat on the beach had a drink by the beach fire & watched the Caribbean Sea! Coco Maya has done it right with the cool porch swings as bar seats, the decor is a modern mix with Asian/island feel. There is a great room on the second floor and an outdoor space with play area for kids, and games for adult- darts etc. the seating on the beach is so fresh and inviting! We will definitely go back on a return trip to virgin gorda.

2  Thank Teresa S
There are newer reviews for CocoMaya

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We dined here on our first full day on the island and we loved it! The menu had many great options and we ordered many of them!

The cocktail menu was great and reasonably priced. Try the Khira!

The portions were larger than we expected for the small plates that we ordered. We did not try any of the large plates as we wanted to try a lot of different things. The only item I didn't care for was the Hoisin Duck Tacos, which surprised me as duck confit is one of my favorite preparations of any meat. The other items which we loved were the Wakeme cucumber salad, chicken satay, CFC wings, and the fried pork gyoza.

We forced ourselves to eat desert and had the CocoMaya Trio. It was wonderful and I don't ever eat desert!

The view was great however it was overcast so there wasn't a sunset to be had.,

This won't be the cheapest meal you have on VG but it will be the best!

2  Thank gd1147
Reviewed 30 June 2014

5 adults and a 4 year old. Meat eaters and vegetarians.

As we walked in they handed our 4 year old a bucket of toys. A great beginning.

The menu offered a wide selections of choices for all tastes and so we ordered a wide selection.

All were delivered promptly artistically arranged and delicious to taste.

We will go back the next time we are on the island. If you have the chance to try them you won't be disappointed.

3  Thank pippin2012
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I am already impressed with their follow up of our upcoming arrival for dinner and fun! I emailed for a reservation of 9ppl. The correspondence couldn't be nicer. At first it was scheduled to be a UV light oarty, and then a follow up email came, now it will be cowboy themed! Thoughtful! To say the least to follow up with your dinner guests. I m looking forward to enjoying iur evening there. It was highly recommended by TMM Charters as we are bare boating and making this one of our few dinners out.

1  Thank Steinborn
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We really liked this restaurant. The service was excellent. This is the only place we found on the island where you we could get craft beer so we loved that. And the view is incredible. The food was good, but my opinion is it could be quite a bit better. I saw where another reviewed said the prices were really high but I disagree. They were very reasonable relative to being in the Caribbean. Between the two of us we had 3 beers, two glasses of wine, an appetizer and two large entrees and the bill prior to tip was around $150. I do not see any way two people could have a $300 bill as one person said. We went early but by prime dinner time the place was almost full and it was a comfortable, fun vibe. Not too noisy and different ages and types of people/groups.

2  Thank CB-ATL