“Beautiful place”
Review of CocoMaya

CocoMaya
Ranked #1 of 38 Restaurants in Virgin Gorda
Price range: US$0 - US$39
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, View, Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Virgin Gorda's Newest Beachfront restaurant, nestled between National Park boulders and gorgeous blue seaside. Enjoy Latin Asian fusion cuisine by a fireside lounge with original delicious cocktails.Open 7 days for lunch, Happy Hour and dinner. Bar Snacks all day.Takeaway.
“Beautiful place”
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

This restaurant is one you can enjoy a nice evening at. Chairs, couches and swings are there to relax on. The food was ok. We didn't order the right things I guess. Snapper had chutney that was not appealing to our pallets, tuna sushi was awesome, calamari was good and the dumplings were great.

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank Nikki G

“Incredible. ”
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

Stop reading the reviews and make a reservation here now! One of the best restaurants we've been to in all of the Caribbean (and the states for that matter). Food was super-fresh, service was great and the setting was perfect. No wonder it's the #1 rated restaurant in the BVI.

1 Thank John K
“Left Me Speechless”
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

This restaurant was amazing!! The view and scenery left me speechless when I walked in after it was recommended to me by a local near the boat dock. The food was just AMAZING especially the ribs. My group each ordered something and we sampled their plate so we each ate something amazing. The view and the food were so stunning, I would put this very high on my favorites list and highly recommend it!

1 Thank Nick J
Guaynabo, Puerto Rico
“Great restaurant on the beach”
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

This is probably the best restaurant in Virgin Gorda. The location is priceless right on the beach. It's close proximity to yatch harbour is a plus for those traveling in a boat and spending the night at the harbour or just staying in the island.

The menu is pretty extensive with a wide selection of tapas. We were a group of twelve and pretty much ordered a couple of each tapa to share. The cocomaya sushi roll was great and their ribs are very good.

After dinner you can relax at the bar or just hang out by the fire right on the beach enjoying the sunset.

1 Thank PRcontributor
New Braunfels, Texas
“Cosmopolitan Cuisine and Dining Experience on the Beach”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

CocoMaya is a beautifully designed and constructed restaurant right on the beach near downtown Spanish Town. This Latin Asian fusion restaurant is really extraordinary! They offer a wide selection of large and small tapas. We ordered several and we were impressed with the preparation and flavors of each dish. My wife has a gluten and seafood allergy and they had no problem accommodating her. We tried the chicken wings, the bbq ribs, and the pad thai with chicken. All were delicious! I also added a non-gluten free dish for myself, pork dumplings, and it was superb. The wine list is very well thought out for the cuisine ... we went with a bottle of Duckhorn Sauvignon Blanc which was just right with out selection of tapas. I would have also liked to order from the extensive sushi menu, but alas, I had already had my fill. This restaurant certainly deserves to be amongst the best in Virgin Gorda ... in fact it would be considered top tier in any major metropolitan area of the states. The restaurant atmosphere is lively and energetic, but far from rowdy. Our bill for two, including wine and gratuity, was a very reasonable $175.

• Visited July 2014