“Great Dive Leaders”

Sunchaser Scuba Ltd.
Ranked #1 of 15 Tours in Virgin Gorda
More attraction details
Owner description: Sunchaser Scuba is one of the oldest dive centers in the British Virgin Islands. Find out more about diving in the BVI; from rendez vous and wreck diving to Discover Scuba Diving, snorkeling and PADI dive courses. Check out our website for an overview of dive sites in the British Virgin Islands, the PADI dive courses we offer, our rates, who we are and how to contact us. Make sure to have a look at our photo gallery and blog to find out who will take you out diving!
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I have been diving for over 35 years all over the world and Ben and Kay are the best. Their sincere enthusiasm for diving and making sure that clients have a great experience is exceptional.

There are newer reviews for Sunchaser Scuba Ltd.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Kay and Ben at Kilbrides Sunchaser Scuba are a credit to diving and to furthering people's knowledge of the marine environment.

I emailed them ahead of my trip and received a swift response (despite them being on holiday!) with lots of helpful information.

I have had the joy of diving in various places around the world including liveaboards and can honestly say Kilbrides Sunchaser scuba at BEYC, is one of the best. It is a well organised set up, equipment is well looked after, dive sites carefully selected, briefings (both safety and diving) are detailed. All this topped with a strong knowledge of marine animals and plants (& where to find them!) All of this is a credit to both Kay and Ben - their passion for their work is sincere and tangible, plus they are great company! An absolute recommend.

Thanks for a great week... I'll be back to find that turtle ;)

Reviewed 2 October 2013

Got certified last year with these guys. Had a great experience with Ben and the rest of the team. Had some great days out diving afterwards. If you are in the BVI wanting to dive definitely look these guys up at the Bitter End Yacht Club

Reviewed 15 August 2013

My wife and I recently spent 10 days at the Bitter End Yacht Club on Virgin Gorda, BVI.

While there, my wife encouraged me to get in a few dives while she relaxed on the beach. So, when I met the good folks at Sunchaser Scuba at the staff cocktail party, I was quite impressed with both Ben and Kay and their staff (Shon and Shane).

I cannot say enough great words about everyone. My first 2 dives were on the RMS Rhone, and about 4 days later went went to Joe's Cave on West Dog Island and Coral Gardens. All dives were outstanding - I even included 2 pictures from the Rhone of the "Lucky Pothole" and the Captain's "Dance Floor".

I was really very interested in diving the RMS Rhone as I first got interesting in diving at the age of 12 thanks to hours of Cousteau documentaries and the movie "The Deep". Having a chance to dive the wreck where I had first gotten interested in the sport was quite a kick in the pants.

I was initially a little worried because I hadn't been diving for a few years, but with Ben & Shane's help I sank right back into diving and cleared my ears in about 30 seconds and off we went! On all the dives the groupings were excellent - the max number of divers on any of my dives was 5-6 people and that was split between 2 divemasters so we really had excellent instruction and lots of time to investigate and explore.

Before each dive Ben would go over the basic structure of our dive: depth(s), navigation, points of interest, etc which were funny and informative. During the dives he and whomever else was along (I dove with Shane) really went the extra mile to find great points of interest (thanks for finding an eel for me guys!). And of course they rigged all the gear for me so I didn't have to do anything myself (which was nice). Ben even threw an extra wetsuit onto the boat each time for me since I really wanted to dive just in my swim trunks as the water was so warm. I never needed the suit but that was a super nice touch on their part.

I cannot wait to return to BEYC and Virgin Gorda for another trip and this time I will make it more of a dive trip and get to some of the more remote spots, dive a couple of night dives and maybe even charter the boat for the whole day and plan out my own adventure.

Once again, all the staff at Sunchaser Scuba were outstanding: super friendly, super knowledgeable about the area and the dive sites, eager to help you make each dive a great experience and full of fantastic stories about their diving exploits. If you are visiting the BVI and want to dive, make sure to get to them!!!

Reviewed 14 August 2013

My son was referred for his open water dives to Sunchaser scuba. Kay is a fabulous instructor. She was very thorough and complete with her training, but also kind and enthusiastic. This dive team works great together! My best scuba staff experience ever!