“Beautiful County Escape - A Must”

and 1 more site!
Village Creek Country Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Westerose B&B and Inns
Red Deer, Canada
“Beautiful County Escape - A Must”
Reviewed 27 November 2012

I didn't notice this Inn when I visted The Village at Pigeon Lake a few years ago during a summer camping trip. I recently stayed there for a work related trip and the beautiful, quiet little Inn was more than impressive. The staff were more than friendly, greeting us everytime we entered the lobby. The room is great - beds are comfortable but the actual comforter I found too heavy. The room is clean and comfotable. Just a great place to stay in the country - especially if you want a cozy Inn experience!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Travis K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 13 September 2012

The Village Creek Inn is a nice little place. Rooms are very clean but a little out of date. I was there for a series of business meetings and they are well set up for it. The property has rooms with fireplaces which would be welcome on cool days.

The food provided was not good, but treats from the local bakery were delightful. A meal at the nearby Echo Cafe was delicious.

The Village at Pigeon Lake is working it's way towards being a resort but they are stil a little short on services since the sidewalks were pretty much rolled up when we all arrived at 8pm.

Service at the Inn is pleasant and efficient.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Edmonton, AB
Reviewed 17 November 2011

The hotel and adjacent spa is a nice getaway from the "big city."

The hotel itself is always quite clean with typical amenities. Nothing out of the ordinary either way. The bedding is great (always smells really fresh and clean), the bed semi-firm and comfortable. We usually get a room with the jetted tub, which is just barely big enough for two. The water always has a kind of swampy smell, which may be off-putting to some people. The location is good for visiting the few shops or taking a little walk along the creek/ravine behind the hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jayjayYEG
Slave Lake, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 28 July 2011

We stayed for one night in a balcony room on the second floor that had a queen sized bed. The mattress was very soft (probably not the best for those with back troubles) but we slept like we were on a cloud. The bathroom was a good size and had the usual amenities. The room was very clean, very comfortable and quite quiet. The balcony had a small round table with two chairs so we could sit outside and enjoy the view of the trees and listen to the birds. The staff for both check-in and check-out were very nice. There are two restaurants right across the parking lot from this hotel. McBeans and the Eco Cafe. We had breakfast at McBeans (which opens at 8 a.m. on Saturdays) and had a thoroughly enjoyable experience visiting with the locals and taking in the fun decor. The food and coffee were very good. This was a lovely hotel and we totally enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MrsAK2009
Edmonton
Reviewed 21 November 2010

I had the opportunity to spend some time out at Pigeon lake with some friends for a team retreat and was really impressed with the quality of the experience at the Village Creek Inn. We had rented one of the condo's for a night and I came expecting a tacky, old "character" building, but was greeted by a very modern and well appointed room. New furniture, flat screen TV, beautiful gas fireplace, modern kitchen and very generous rooms.

I also really enjoyed the experience with the staff. All of the staff that I encountered over the day and a half seemed genuinely pleased that we were staying with them for the weekend. I would certainly look forward to returning out to Pigeon lake in the future.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Imbatman
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 29 June 2009

I stayed at the Inn for a short getaway, I live in the area, and just needed a night away with my husband. This hotel far surpassed my expectations, to be honest, I was especting cheezy decor and a motel feel, especially for the price I paid, but was amazed! The outdoor hot tub was gorgeous, the room was tastefully decorated (not too trendy, not too country, a good medium for everyone!)
The shopping and food in the village is great, lots of neat stores and great eateries. There is a great mini golf across the road, within walking distance, amazing forest trails right outside the room's back door (yes, most rooms have both a front door and a back patio!!!)
All in all, the hotel was gorgeous, the staff was great and I would reccomend it to anyone! I think it would be an amazing place to have christmas with my extended family!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank vanash

Been to Village Creek Country Inn? Share your experiences!