“Great Food”

Mermaid's Dockside Bar & Grill
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: MERMAID located on the water next to Andy’s Chateau is a great ISLAND/SEA view restaurant where you can find both fantastic food and impeccable service. Features a variety of cuisine be it Local, Spanish or International. We cater for your events; Birthdays, Weddings, etc.
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Don't expect anything fancy but do expect excellent local fare. Nice views of the water and really good authentic cuisine. Excellent value.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

We had the best meals at the dockside! Staff was very friendly. Would recommend as a place to eat for lunch or dinner

Reviewed 4 March 2014

The view is great, but we found the food just average. The restaurant itself is very casual ... a beach bar without any particular ambience. Not the worst meal we had on Virgin Gorda but I wouldn't return. We also had lunch at Coca Maya right next door. I'd return there any day. Prices about the same but way better atmosphere, more creative menu and same view.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

We have been to the Mermaid often and will keep going. The setting is wonderful. Basically the same view as Coco Maya next door but better food and service at far better prices. The basic menu is pretty standard but the specials can be superb. One time I had a curried shrimp dish which was delicious. If you order a fish dish you will be given a choice of types of fish: grouper, king fish, snapper, etc., rather than whatever the kitchen decides.

The crowd is a mix of tourists, locals, and homeowners like us, which has a nice feeling.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Had supper here with 5 family members. Our waitress was personable and appropriately attentive. I ordered ribs, which far exceeded my expectations, perhaps as good as I've ever eaten. My son's steak was fabulous - and was priced accordingly. Conch fritters were heavy, just as I found them prepared on the entire island ( not heavenly light as at Gladys' in Charlotte Amalie on St. Thomas). The drinks were good. The karaoke singers were awful and shortened our night there. Giant tarpon swim up under the lights and put on quite a show at the water's edge after dark. Many recommended going there on Thursday night for the all you can eat lobsterfest ($35) accompanied by live music but a private party prevented our sampling that. I wish the menu had had more choices, but except for the conch fritters, the food was uniformly excellent.