“The tour of a lifetime” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Gumption's Tours BVI

Gumption's Tours BVI
More attraction details
Owner description: Gumption's Tours BVI is the ultimate experience that we believe everyone should sign up for. Gumption, captain & owner is very passionate about given you a tour that will have you coming back for more, either if you book for the basis hour glass bottom your, half or full day chater you will have a wonderful time. Looking for a bit of a thrill? Gumption's Night Tours at night where we witness the beauty of the ocean & not forgetting, if you don't see 5 sea turtles you don't have to pay, tour will be on us. Need an adventure? Ask about out limited Edition tours to the Virgin tycoon Island Necker the owner Sir Richard Branson as Gumption leads you on a two hours long, fun,learning adventure as we vist the tycoons lemurs, flamingos, giant tortoise and more, wow after that long journey Gumption will bring you to the tycoons house where you will have a cold glass of fruit punch and cold water as you gaze around the gift shop. The Gumption's Nature Tours are unique and limited, with 6 or more person on a tour, more information on our website. Half or full day of snorking, island hopping and lunch stop and a cool stop is also welcome. Private chater? No problem. Drop us a line and let us secure you're space today
Exeter, United Kingdom
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“The tour of a lifetime”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

We had the pleasure of being part of one of Gumption's Wildlife Tours on Necker Island, by Sea it Clear Glass bottom Boat. The chance to explore the Flora and Fauna of Sir Richard's Branson's Necker Island was a once in the a life opportunity we couldn't pass up. Gumption was a wonderful host/tour guide. This is a must do if you have the chance!! As these tours are a limited edition.. There was so much to see.. Flamingos, Giant Tortoises, Scarlet Ibis, and several species of Lemur.

Visited November 2013
GumptionTours, Owner at Gumption's Tours BVI, responded to this review, 2 May 2016
Good afternoon,
Thank you for taking the timeout to review us. Your feedback is very important to us.
As a young business both excellent and other reviews are important to me and my business. I'm truly happy that you found the Gumption to book with us; we are delighted you and yours had an amazing time. I genuinely love my job and what I do. It's beyond making money to me; it’s my passion as a BVIslander to protect our natural resources and also my responsibility as a business. I will continue to do what we're doing and always do it the Gumption's way for that way appears to be working well for us. I really hope one day I'll see you guys again but until then do enjoy the rest of 2016.

Love Gumption

“Gumption's personal story & boat tour was by far the highlight of our trip.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

Being able to see through the glass bottom of the boat at the fish, coral and turtles is incredible. Even better was getting to know the boat's owner and driver Gumption. The story about how Sir Richard Branson gave him a micro loan and mentored him to own his own small business is incredible. His story is extremely inspirational, in fact it was the highlight of our trip.

Good afternoon,

Love Gumption
Southampton, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“We dreamed big with Gumption!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

Awesome experience! Saw a shark, a million turtles and a heap of starfish... Much respect to Gumption and his charity aspirations... Live your dreams!!

1 Thank GemMarty
Charleston, South Carolina
“Long over due review for the best GPS in the BVI”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

Gumption Perseverance System was a go. I saw four (or was it five?) turtles in 20 mins because I wasn't interested in the hour long tour and he was all about making it happen.

Here's how it went down. Me and the parents are anchored on the southeast side of Prickly Pear and around 7-8 pm (it's dark, no other boats in the bay) when we're enjoying our gin and tonics and contemplating sleep, a dreaded up dude rolls up. IN A MOTOR BOAT. What's this? I'll tell you. A smooth driving, smooth talking, super chill, dude whose DJ name is Gumption. Yes, my friends, if he shows up, you are in luck. Before I know it, I'm on a sea through bottomed boat, taking off into the darkness with the coolest person I've met in the BVI. I'm in a hurry for him to impress with me with his turtle finding skill and he finds them so quickly, I ask if he has tracking devices strapped to the turtles, which is when he tells me about the gumption perseverance system. He knows the terrain and that's the truth of it.It's impressive in a way that makes you want to know your neighborhood like that and makes you wonder why you don't, especially since it's all above water. As far as his driving- that all goes back to knowing the terrain. I've spent plenty of time on motor boats at night, which is unnerving at best and I will say he knows where he's at so don't worry. Sit back, enjoy the ride and wonder at the stars that are flying by your feet. So much love and many happy memories to you and yours, Robin.

Visited October 2013
Longmont, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A highlight of our trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

We met Gumption early in our stay at the Bitter End Yacht Club, but we didn't get a chance to go out with him until our very last night on the island. We had such a great time. He is an absolute showman when it comes to an entertaining evening and finding turtles. If you have the chance while your in the BVI's, look him up - he's awesome!

Gumption if you see this review, I'm the $12 guy and again we're really sorry for the mix-up!

Visited October 2013
SeaitclearBVI, Owner at Gumption's Tours BVI, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Thank you for your service & hope to see you again.