“Gumption gives a great snorkel tour”

Gumption's Tours BVI
More attraction details
Owner description: Gumption's Tours BVI is the ultimate experience that we believe everyone should sign up for. Gumption, captain & owner is very passionate about given you a tour that will have you coming back for more, either if you book for the basis hour glass bottom your, half or full day chater you will have a wonderful time. Looking for a bit of a thrill? Gumption's Night Tours at night where we witness the beauty of the ocean & not forgetting, if you don't see 5 sea turtles you don't have to pay, tour will be on us. Need an adventure? Ask about out limited Edition tours to the Virgin tycoon Island Necker the owner Sir Richard Branson as Gumption leads you on a two hours long, fun,learning adventure as we vist the tycoons lemurs, flamingos, giant tortoise and more, wow after that long journey Gumption will bring you to the tycoons house where you will have a cold glass of fruit punch and cold water as you gaze around the gift shop. The Gumption's Nature Tours are unique and limited, with 6 or more person on a tour, more information on our website. Half or full day of snorking, island hopping and lunch stop and a cool stop is also welcome. Private chater? No problem. Drop us a line and let us secure you're space today
Birmingham, Alabama
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Gumption gives a great snorkel tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

If you're in North Sound you've got to call and hire Gumption as your reef guide. He can almost guarantee seeing some sea turtles! We saw three turtles, a Nurse Shark, Spotted Eagle Ray, a bunch of Cuttle Fish, and the biggest school of Blue Tang I've ever seen (Gumption will call them Dory). Well done Gumption, Thank you!

Visited June 2014
GumptionTours, Owner at Gumption's Tours BVI, responded to this review, 2 May 2016
Good afternoon,
Thank you for taking the timeout to review us. Your feedback is very important to us.
As a young business both excellent and other reviews are important to me and my business. I'm truly happy that you found the Gumption to book with us; we are delighted you and yours had an amazing time. I genuinely love my job and what I do. It's beyond making money to me; it’s my passion as a BVIslander to protect our natural resources and also my responsibility as a business. I will continue to do what we're doing and always do it the Gumption's way for that way appears to be working well for us. I really hope one day I'll see you guys again but until then do enjoy the rest of 2016.

Boston, Massachusetts
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Gumption's Tours Are Not To Be Missed!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

On Tuesday 6/3, a group of 8 of us joined Gumption for a 3 site snorkel. Gumption first crusied over an area where we could see tons of star fish thru the glass bottom of the boat. We then went off to 2 different snorkel sites. We saw some amazing fish including a majestic spotted eagle ray. The first two sites had great sea life and a lot of variety. The 3rd site is in a shallow area with a lot of see grass and where the turtles can be found and we found one and got to snorkel around with it.

On Saturday my husband and I joined Gumption for his Limited Edition Necker Island Tour. This tour is not to be missed if it is being offered when you are visiting Virgin Gorda. The island is just absolutly beautiful and the wildlife is amazing. We first got to see, pat and take pictures with the tortoises. Then we went into the enclosures with 3 different Lemurs. Here you get to feed them as they jump around from person to person's shoulders. What an amazing experience to see these animals up close and personal. We also got to hang out with some of the rarest lemurs in the world, only 250 left on our planet. We also got to visit with Lucky the blind pink flamingo. We were also very fortunate to meet Richard Branson who thought we all looked rather hot and invited us to swim in his pool. Darius made us a mean margarita as we took at dip in Richard's unbelievable pool and hot tub.

The work that Gumption is doing for Save the BVI Turtles and that Richard Branson is doing to try to perserve the lemurs is commendable. I congratulate them also on the battle they just won to protect the Sharks and Rays from fishing in the BVI's. One person can make a difference!

Visited June 2014

St. Thomas
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Awesome Wildlife Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Great day had by all. I brought eight of my charterboat guests out to Necker Island. We saw giant tortoises, flamingos, and of course several species of lemurs. It was spectacular to see the natural beauty of the island. Gumption was a plethora of information. Looking forward to the next tour.
Captain Don

Love Gumption
“Our time with Gumption, Necker Island and lemurs!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

We joined Gumption at Gun Creek marina on the north end if Virgin Gorda for the ride to Necker Island. We enjoyed some great music on the way along with pointing out sites, and then as we got close, Gumption started playing a recording of Richard Branson talking about everything from the purchase of the island to its current and future state - a great touch to begin the tour! The access to the island was unprecedented from the full island hike including seeing the flamingos, tortoises and lemurs!! Gumption continued the tour with detailed explanation of the wildlife and vegetation with his and Richard's passion for protecting these species, in particular the lemur population, paramount. It was wonderful to see Richard but I'd have to say the highlight for me was our time with Gumption and our time in the lemur enclosure!! Having these little creatures crawl all over you while feeding them treats was a unique experience!

I would recommend this tour and his glass bottom tour (especially the tour just after dusk!) to any and all! Gumption is a rare find and unique individual - you don't want to miss the opportunity to enjoy time with him and the access he has given his wonderful demeanor!

Miss you already G!!
Ben

Visited May 2014

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Highlight of my trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

Went with Gumption on his Necker Island tour, and loved every second of it. Gumption worked with our last minute scheduling and actually took us out on his day off. The tour was a bit pricey, but almost all of it goes directly to the lemur fund, turtle conservation, and other charities that Gumption is involved in, and is ABSOLUTELY worth every cent. While on Necker island we got to pet and take up close and personal pictures with giant tortoises, three different breeds of lemurs, and a blind flamingo named Lucky. We also saw several iguanas, parrots, some gorgeous scarlet ibis, and a giant flock of flamingos. Not to mention the stunning views and architecture on the island. (The one request Gumption made was that we not take pictures of any of the people there, because the high profile guests staying on the island value their privacy greatly.) After our Necker tour, Gumption took us out just for fun to two of his favorite glass bottom tour sites. We saw two old cannons off a shipwreck, two turtles, and a nurse shark in about 15 minutes. Next time I'm back in the BVI I am definitely doing his regular day and night tours, and would highly recommend Gumption to anyone traveling in the area!

Visited May 2014