“Great adventure”

Stingray Sailing
Ranked #7 of 191 Tours in Grand Cayman
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Remember when customer satisfaction came first? We do!! At Stingray Sailing, you will get to experience the main attraction in Cayman, swimming with the friendly Southern Stingrays, and you will get to do so with a company who's bottom line isn't a dollar sign. As a proud, family owned and operated business, we focus on getting to know our guests on a personal level, while at the same time, providing life long memories. With limited spaces, only 25 per tour available, you are guaranteed to be treated as a friend, not just a number. We offer relaxing tours done on board a beautiful, 43 foot sailing catamaran, to the world famous Stingray City Sandbar; and whether it is swimming with the stingrays, snorkeling the coral reef, or just enjoying the beautiful Caribbean sun and water, Stingray Sailing is committed to helping you make the best of your time in Grand Cayman. With daily tours scheduled to accommodate both cruise ship and on island guests, booking your tour is just a quick email or phone call away! Join our family, we look forward to having you on board!
Reviewed 4 December 2013

The boat and crew were outstanding. I highly recommend this company. Their boat was clean, well stocked and the crew was extremely helpful. I have snorkeled all over the world and this trip is something you do not want to miss. It is right up there with swimming with wild dolphins, whale sharks and manta rays. It is an experience of a life time.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

My wife and I visited stingray city before while scuba diving.
During Thanksgiving 2013, our extended family of 16 met in Grand Cayman for the Holiday. Our ages and abilities ranged so greatly, we were nervous to suggest this activity.
As a group, we decided to go snorkeling to Stingray City. I booked the trip with Michelle, Captn Chip's wife, and could not confirm due to hotel internet issues. We were all nervous but Captain Chip came through! Not only did he come through, EVERYONE from the 5 year old non-swimmer to the 17 y.o. champion swimmer to the 80 y.o. grandma had the TIME OF THEIR LIVES.
If there is only 1 thing you can do while in Grand Cayman, it is to snorkel with Captain Chip at Stingray City!!
It was sooo much BETTER than Scuba diving with the rays as each person can interact with the rays, swim with them and watch them.
Both my wife and I wish we had snorkeled first as the scuba diving with the rays was a waste!

Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

We loved our experience with Stingray Sailing. Chip is professional but relaxed and low key. While on the catamaran we felt free to make ourselves at home. Our kids loved looking into the crystal blue water and even fell asleep on the trampoline. The snorkel experience was a blast and swimming with the stingrays was even more amazing than I imagined it would be. Some of my kids freaked out a little at the stingrays because they do brush right up against you in the water, but these kids did enjoy the experience from the boat. If we ever go to Grand Cayman again we are definitely booking another trip with Stingray Sailing.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

This excursion was the absolute best time of our vacation!! Chip and Kevin were AWESOME guides! They were so knowledgeable about the Stingrays - even pointing them out by name! There were many, many Stingrays and the water was beautiful. Snorkeling at the reef was also great! Once we got back on the boat, there was fresh fruit (free) and sodas and beer for purchase. My husband and I are planning another trip to the Caymans and will definitely book this excursion again with Stingray Sailing! Hopefully I can share some pictures soon.
Thanks again Captain Chip and Kevin!
Kristi and Jeff Branecki (Chip's beard twin!)

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Stingray Sailing was wonderful during our trip earlier this month! We wanted a smaller excursion with personal service at a good price and we got it. Chip (a local) and Kevin knew that the sandbar at stingray city would be busy so they took us to snorkel at the reef first to avoid the crowds. We only had 8 people on our tour so the boat wasn't crowded. The max they take is 24 people and other boats had 50-60 people. They anchored in a great area close to the reef, fit us with gear and gave us pointers for the best snorkeling experience. One stayed on the boat and the other got in the water with us in case of an emergency. When we went over to stingray city they again positioned the boat in the best location and told us what to expect. I knew I would like it, but the stingrays were amazing and the care they took with them was impressive. They even assisted other members of our group that were afraid to get in the water with the stingrays swimming around. Since the stingrays were now crowding around us, they had to tell some visitors with another group sorry that the fish they had was for us to feed. We had plenty of time at both locations and a relaxing ride back on the trampoline at the front of the catamaran. They also gave us an outstanding recommendation for lunch. I would definitely recommend them!