“Excellent!”

Stingray Sailing
Ranked #7 of 182 Tours in Grand Cayman
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Remember when customer satisfaction came first? We do!! At Stingray Sailing, you will get to experience the main attraction in Cayman, swimming with the friendly Southern Stingrays, and you will get to do so with a company who's bottom line isn't a dollar sign. As a proud, family owned and operated business, we focus on getting to know our guests on a personal level, while at the same time, providing life long memories. With limited spaces, only 25 per tour available, you are guaranteed to be treated as a friend, not just a number. We offer relaxing tours done on board a beautiful, 43 foot sailing catamaran, to the world famous Stingray City Sandbar; and whether it is swimming with the stingrays, snorkeling the coral reef, or just enjoying the beautiful Caribbean sun and water, Stingray Sailing is committed to helping you make the best of your time in Grand Cayman. With daily tours scheduled to accommodate both cruise ship and on island guests, booking your tour is just a quick email or phone call away! Join our family, we look forward to having you on board!
Jackson, Wisconsin
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

My family of 4 had a great time on this catamaran. The captain really took the time to meet and get to know each and every guest. That is the beauty of not taking a boat packed with people. My youngest daughter (13) was slightly afraid of the sting rays but they spent the time and made sure she got her moment. It was relaxing, beautiful, peaceful and perfect. We were all tired after the fresh air and sun and all slightly burnt, remember to add sunscreen during the excursion. My girls fell asleep on the black trampoline like part of the catamaran on the way back and got a bit too pink. I can't say enough about how well we were treated, the comfort of the catamaran, the beauty of the sting rays. They know exactly where to take you and how to get the stingrays to come. I am so glad we booked this during our cruise rather than one of the cruise excursions. It was fabulous!

Visited May 2013

Panama City Beach, Florida
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“I've been meaning to review them and am just now getting to it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

Memorable experiences stand out forever and my best birthday ever was 11/11/11. We booked a cruise and Grand Cayman was one port. I wanted more than anything to be able to cross off the bucket list being able to swim with the stingray. I did not want a cruise ship excursion because they are over crowded and over priced. We chose Chip and his company! And let me tell you , he and his dad were the nicest guys and went out of their way to make this an awesome day for me ( even bringing some mini cupcakes for my birthday) We had beautiful photos and underwater photos of this trip that I will NEVER forget! I thought it was wonderful there were 14 of us on this boat and the cruise ship "cattle" boats had passengers hanging off it because it was sooooo packed! That can't have been fun for them! You can't go wrong with these guys! As a matter of fact I'm planning on booking during my cruise into Grand Cayman this year! ( this review wouldn't let me select my true visit date of 11/11 , the farthest back it would go was May 13 , sorry about that)

Visited May 2013
Pompano Beach, FL
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Great Company”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

I sailed with Stingray Sailing before and loved this trip. They don't over crowd their boat and give you a great tour. We booked again and paid the deposit on line. For weather reasons our ship could not tender in and we didn't get to take the tour. When I got home I had an email saying they were aware of what happened and had refunded our deposit. My next email was from Paypal advising me the refund had been processed. This company is a class act:-)

Visited April 2014
Jacksonville, FL
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great, relaxing day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

We booked stingray sailing for an excursion from our cruise ship. The ONLY negative was that there was a bit of a delay leaving the port from the time originally scheduled... it ended up not being a big deal since we arrived back at the port with plenty of time to spare.

The excursion was great and relaxing. The experience at Stingray City was great -- much smaller and more intimate experience than the other tours we saw there. Catherine, one of the guides, took amazing pictures with an underwater camera.

Our second stop at the barrier reef was changed due to rough seas, but the alternate reef location had plenty of coral and fish to see.

The ride back to the dock was relaxing on the sailboat soaking up the sun on the trampoline up front.

Visited March 2014
Loveland, OH
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

After looking at many tour options we booked this tour because it looked like it would be a smaller group, had good reviews and was being run by the owner not a middle man putting you on the next available boat.

I am glad we did. The booking process was easy, very quick and informative. Chip and his dad met us exactly where and when he said he would. After waiting for the last family to show up (at the last minute), we got on the air conditions bus for a short ride to the marina where he boat was.

We all boarded the clean boat and were off to Stingray City quickly. Chip found a good spot to anchor amongst the other boats that were there. He obviously could tell where the best place would be. We had plenty of time in the water where he and his helper, Pierre, would give us fish to feed the stingrays and would bring them to us to handle and take pictures.

He the took us a few hundred yards away for some snorkeling at a nearby reef. He provided snorkeling gear and floatation devices. Again, we had plenty of time to see the reef and fish.

We boarded the boat and Chip put up he sails to sail back to the marina. On the way back he provided water and fruit for a snack and had beer and soda to purchase.

He then returned us to the dock exactly when he said he would.

I would recommend this tour to everyone.

Visited March 2014