“Clear snorkeling...to feeding stingrays!”
Review of Stingray Sailing

Stingray Sailing
Ranked #7 of 186 Tours in Grand Cayman
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Remember when customer satisfaction came first? We do!! At Stingray Sailing, you will get to experience the main attraction in Cayman, swimming with the friendly Southern Stingrays, and you will get to do so with a company who's bottom line isn't a dollar sign. As a proud, family owned and operated business, we focus on getting to know our guests on a personal level, while at the same time, providing life long memories. With limited spaces, only 25 per tour available, you are guaranteed to be treated as a friend, not just a number. We offer relaxing tours done on board a beautiful, 43 foot sailing catamaran, to the world famous Stingray City Sandbar; and whether it is swimming with the stingrays, snorkeling the coral reef, or just enjoying the beautiful Caribbean sun and water, Stingray Sailing is committed to helping you make the best of your time in Grand Cayman. With daily tours scheduled to accommodate both cruise ship and on island guests, booking your tour is just a quick email or phone call away! Join our family, we look forward to having you on board!
Santa Clara, California
102 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 137 helpful votes
“Clear snorkeling...to feeding stingrays!”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

The captain was great, very casual and knowledgeable. He suggested we go snorkle first to reduce the crowds at Stingray City. Agreed. I counted the boats as we got there, 18 of them and that crowd trying to feed the stingray. No wonder they were stuffed after just a few fish from our group. But it was still a great experience. They had an under water photographer who took pix of couples as we snorkeled, so if you want a fun shot, stay together! Then they sell the photos for $10 ea. Would have been a fun keepsake...but we snorkeled in different areas...as I had to take LOTS of shots of what turned out to be "everything except fish". :-/ Oh well...live and learn! After the stingray were full...we left and had fruit and water on the way back. Great experience...but if you are able to.....
CHARTER A BOAT AND GO THERE WHEN THE CROWDS ARE GONE!!! It will be worth it. I would gladly do it again - without the crowds!
Fun day which I won't ever forget. Love those stingrays!!!

Painesville Ohio
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 95 helpful votes
“was the best excursion yet”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

This excursion was awesome and hope to do it again. I choose stingray sailing because of all the excellent reviews. It cost a little more with Chip but he limits the people on the catamaran to 25. We had 12 on ours and is so much better with fewer people when in the water with stingrays and also snorkeling. Chip brings small fish and you get to feed the stingrays. Chip supplies the mask, snorkel and fins and also has some floating devices if want to use. We snorkel near the barrier reef in 10 ft water over some coral. I recommend this excursions as when we with with the stingrays some of the other excursions (thru cruise ship) there were so many people in those groups. On way back there was enough wind that we could use the sails.. Just a great day, the cost was 55 a person and he meets you at the port. Will also drop you off anywhere you want on the way back to port

1 Thank Terry R
Norfolk, Massachusetts
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Excellent time with String Sailing”
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

We booked this while in the Caymans and had a great time. We got picked up at our hotel, brought to the docks and onto the Far Tortuga catamaran. The owner drives the boat (and the shuttle bus) and there only about 20 of us on it. Much better experience than some of the overcrowded tours I saw. We had plenty of room to relax, complementary water and fruit and a cash bar. Highly recommended!

Jackson, Wisconsin
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Excellent!”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

My family of 4 had a great time on this catamaran. The captain really took the time to meet and get to know each and every guest. That is the beauty of not taking a boat packed with people. My youngest daughter (13) was slightly afraid of the sting rays but they spent the time and made sure she got her moment. It was relaxing, beautiful, peaceful and perfect. We were all tired after the fresh air and sun and all slightly burnt, remember to add sunscreen during the excursion. My girls fell asleep on the black trampoline like part of the catamaran on the way back and got a bit too pink. I can't say enough about how well we were treated, the comfort of the catamaran, the beauty of the sting rays. They know exactly where to take you and how to get the stingrays to come. I am so glad we booked this during our cruise rather than one of the cruise excursions. It was fabulous!

Visited May 2013
Panama City Beach, Florida
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“I've been meaning to review them and am just now getting to it!”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Memorable experiences stand out forever and my best birthday ever was 11/11/11. We booked a cruise and Grand Cayman was one port. I wanted more than anything to be able to cross off the bucket list being able to swim with the stingray. I did not want a cruise ship excursion because they are over crowded and over priced. We chose Chip and his company! And let me tell you , he and his dad were the nicest guys and went out of their way to make this an awesome day for me ( even bringing some mini cupcakes for my birthday) We had beautiful photos and underwater photos of this trip that I will NEVER forget! I thought it was wonderful there were 14 of us on this boat and the cruise ship "cattle" boats had passengers hanging off it because it was sooooo packed! That can't have been fun for them! You can't go wrong with these guys! As a matter of fact I'm planning on booking during my cruise into Grand Cayman this year! ( this review wouldn't let me select my true visit date of 11/11 , the farthest back it would go was May 13 , sorry about that)

Visited May 2013