“Some of the best diving around!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of North Wall

North Wall
Ranked #47 of 168 things to do in Grand Cayman
More attraction details
Owner description: Diving area that hosts sting and eagle rays, turtles and masses of coral.
Rochester, NY
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Some of the best diving around!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

Ghost Mountain is one of my favorite dive sites. A lot of companies do not have good access to the north wall and much of it is still pristine. I love the formations and wild life. One of the best places to dive in the world.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank DMRochester

Pennsylvania
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“The North Wall Has That WOW Factor!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

I've had the opportunity to dive many places around the world so I'm not quick to over-react but I must say the first time I dropped over the edge of the North Wall it was amazing. I understand why people speak highly of it. We used 2 different dive operators while we were there. Both were very good. Living the Dream Divers was the most pampered diving I've ever done. Really a top rate operator that spoils you for other dive boats. DiveTech at Cobalt Cove was also a good operator but you do not get quite a much personal attention. They offer unlimited shore diving after a morning boat though. Therefore both have advantages. No complaints either way.
I saw more turtles on my 10 dives on the North Wall than I've ever seen. Not quite so many sharks as typical for Florida or Australia. We did see a hammerhead however. Quite a few Grouper and other larger fish. Many sponges of every type, size, and color. Many parrot fish, blue durgeon and quite a few larger angel fish.
For people used to diving in the U.S. be aware that most/all dive operators in GC will take an Open Water certified diver to well beyond their supposed 60 ft. limit on a North Wall dive. Most Wall dives are 100-115 ft. If you are not comfortable at that depth make sure the dive operator knows before hand.
To sum up my diving experience on the North Wall......I'll be back!

Visited August 2013
7 Thank RKR10
Dallas, Texas
59 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“An absolute must see!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013 via mobile

Amazing!!!

Highly recommend Tom and his sons to guide you (any dive level) at Cayman Marine Lab (CML).

If you've made the trek, don't miss the world renowned North Wall!!!! :)

Visited July 2013
New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Great Diving !!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2013

managed to get out several times to the north wall and all the dives were great.We dove with DNS diving ,Dusty and his crew were great guides.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank CaymanBoundNewYork
Katy, Texas
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Beautiful Dive”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2013

This was a dive we did with the kids to see if they could find hammerheads! The sea was a bit too rough for embarking for the kids, with the ladders and outboard swinging towards them, but it is a fabulous dive site. It is probably a little too deep for kids but they thoroughly enjoyed it, as soon as we entered the water a beautiful eagle ray glided past, and on the second dive a large turtle frightened the boys who were holding the rope waiting for everyone to join them! I have dived in Bunakan, Monado and this was comparable!

Visited June 2013