“Great Wall Diving!”
Review of North Wall

North Wall
Ranked #42 of 181 things to do in Grand Cayman
More attraction details
Owner description: Diving area that hosts sting and eagle rays, turtles and masses of coral.
Reviewed 21 October 2013

While not on the leeward side of the island, it's a must dive area if the weather permits. Spectacular wall, great formations, sponges, black coral and marine life in general.

3  Thank EdW837
"rocks"
"crew"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Ghost Mountain is one of my favorite dive sites. A lot of companies do not have good access to the north wall and much of it is still pristine. I love the formations and wild life. One of the best places to dive in the world.

2  Thank DMRochester
Reviewed 18 August 2013

I've had the opportunity to dive many places around the world so I'm not quick to over-react but I must say the first time I dropped over the edge of the North Wall it was amazing. I understand why people speak highly of it. We used 2 different dive operators while we were there. Both were very good. Living the Dream Divers was the most pampered diving I've ever done. Really a top rate operator that spoils you for other dive boats. DiveTech at Cobalt Cove was also a good operator but you do not get quite a much personal attention. They offer unlimited shore diving after a morning boat though. Therefore both have advantages. No complaints either way.
I saw more turtles on my 10 dives on the North Wall than I've ever seen. Not quite so many sharks as typical for Florida or Australia. We did see a hammerhead however. Quite a few Grouper and other larger fish. Many sponges of every type, size, and color. Many parrot fish, blue durgeon and quite a few larger angel fish.
For people used to diving in the U.S. be aware that most/all dive operators in GC will take an Open Water certified diver to well beyond their supposed 60 ft. limit on a North Wall dive. Most Wall dives are 100-115 ft. If you are not comfortable at that depth make sure the dive operator knows before hand.
To sum up my diving experience on the North Wall......I'll be back!

8  Thank RKR10
Reviewed 8 July 2013 via mobile

Amazing!!!

Highly recommend Tom and his sons to guide you (any dive level) at Cayman Marine Lab (CML).

If you've made the trek, don't miss the world renowned North Wall!!!! :)