“A tour guide who treats you like Family!!!”

Jackies Historical Land Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
US$89.00*
and up
Small-Group Grand Cayman Food Tasters Tour
Ranked #127 of 201 Tours in Grand Cayman
More attraction details
Owner description: Jackie's Historical Land Tours (Cayman Ambassador)--For the visitor to our Island wanting to do Business with a Local. Small Caymanian owned Business offers Water Excursions to Stingray City, Barrier Reef,Coral Gardens, Starfish Point, Kaibo or RumPoint. You pick where you want to go and I will work to see you have a memorable stay. Land Based Excursions -Want to learn more about the History and Culture. Let me take you on the West Side of the Island to Hell,, Turtle Farm, take picture or swim with the Dolphins. Eastern Side of the Island---- Learn about the culture and History of Cayman at Pedro St James, The Mission House, then have lunch at one of our Native Restaurants. In George Town-- I will take you to Stepwell, The Museum, Heros Square with it's wall of honor at our 500 Year Celebration. You select what package of fun you want to have for your visitor.
Reviewed 25 July 2013

My husband and I spent our honeymoon in Grand Cayman. We had a fabulous time!!! I must say the highlight of our trip was meeting Jackie. She went FAR above & beyond to help us feel "at home" on her island. We affectionately referred to her as our "guardian angel". After eating at some highly over priced tourist- trap restaurants with poor tasting food, we welcomed her invaluable advice of restaurants that offered reasonable, &, scrumptious cuisine. We noticed these were the places where the local people ate. Jackie also took us on several land tours where we enjoyed sight seeing breath taking views & learning about all about the island. She is incredibly knowledgable and we gained so much from her sharing. We had the opportunity to experience unique, rare & special tours which other tour groups don't offer. She even escorted us to the shopping areas, taking us to the best souvenir stores with the lowest price merchandise (almost half the price of same items in all the other surrounding shops). We traveled in her spacious, cool, and comfortable van. Above all of this, most important to us, Jackie proved to be one of the kindest, most generous, thoughtful people both of us have ever had the pleasure of knowing. We stayed at Seven Mile Beach for the first part of our trip, then moved to Rum Point. We rented a car & when Jackie heard we were nervous about finding our way & driving- she graciously offered to drive us to the airport to pick up our car & went the extra mile (literally over an hour drive) to let us follow her so we could find our way to Rum Point. On the way we needed to stop to purchase a SIM card for our cell phone and she accompanied us there to offer her assistance. She also led us to a grocery store. At the end of our stay we were concerned about finding our way back to the airport, once again she volunteered to come & meet us at a nearby location (close to our hotel) and she let us follow her all the way to the airport! I guarentee no other tour guide would offer to go so above & beyond in effort to help two random tourists find there way. Jackie is a positively powerful reflection of all the goodness Grand Cayman has to offer. We are truly blessed to have met her. We strongly believe The Lord sent her our way. . . she is one of this island's most treasured jewel!!!!

3  Thank Hayley P
"captain"
"stingrays"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 24 May 2013

After experiencing the great fun to be had on the water, my wife and I were interested in leaving the resort and seeing more of what life on the island is about. We contacted Jackie and set up a land tour. Jackie really knows the island's in and outs. We headed out to the turtle farm. Along the way, we stopped to watch the dolphins interact with swimmers at dolphin encounter. We never would have known we could watch for free. The turtle farm was interesting as well. Let me just say that it seems everyone knows Jackie, and that made the tour smooth and effortless. She gave us good insight into the island history as well as the current development on the island. She seemed excited to share the island culture with us and we greatly appreciated that.
Dan and Rose. May 23, 2013

Reviewed 8 May 2012

This is how Jackie described herself, and it's the perfect definition. She is a local who really knows the island and gives personal attention to make your excursion exactly what you want it to be. She communicated with me all week, giving me insider tips about the best times, weather, etc to avoid the pitfalls a tourist may encounter. She accompanied me on land excursions for that personal touch. And she made sure I chose the best time in my schedule to snorkel and swim with the stingrays. She facilitates everything and makes for a hassle-free and fun adventure.

Reviewed 19 April 2012

Our experience with Jackie's Watersports/Captain Marvin was incredible and exactly as the other two reviewers describe. Jackie was very understanding and accommodating when I told her that our cruise ship would be coming in an hour late to port. She told me everything that we needed to do to make sure that we made it on the tour. We loved Stingray City and the snorkeling. It was a great day. I highly recommend Jackie!

See more reviews
Reviewed 9 April 2012

My family recently went on a snorkeling and stingray tour with Jackies Water Sports. I can honestly say that it was the most incredible experience I have ever had. We went on a Carnival Cruise that visited the Cayman Islands, and decided to opt out of a Carnival excursion. This tour had a much better price and was much more personal than some of businesses that had a contract with Carnival. They picked us up at the port and brought us to one of their boats. There were about 20 people on the boat and I did not feel crowded at all. The guys who guided us were very friendly and professional. They provided sanitized snorkeling gear for everyone that we all used, but some people had brought their own. They also provided some fruit punch, and the bathroom on the boat was not too bad. On our trip, we visited Stingray City and two other reefs. Getting on and off the boat was very easy. The guides picked up stingrays for everyone to hold (and even kiss!) and they gave us some squid to feed them. They also had a photographer with a nice waterproof camera taking pictures of everyone with the stingrays. You could purchase the photographs on a cd at the end of the trip, but since we had a waterproof camera ourselves, we did not. The stingrays were an unforgettable experience. The snorkeling sites we went to were also great. They chose the places that were less crowded that day, and we were the only boat at one of the reefs. The water and reefs were gorgeous. All of us, including 5 teenagers, very much enjoyed the trip. It lasted about 2 1/2 hours, so we were able to shop a little after they drove us back to the port. This is definitely a great choice for all ages when visiting the Cayman Islands. I can't even begin to use words to describe how great of an experience it was. I would not think twice about booking with Jackies Water Sports again!

1  Thank Nina C
Jackiewatersports, Owner at Jackies Historical Land Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2012

THank you very much dear for those kind comments
I wanted to make your trip memorable.

I wanted you to ensure the Stingrays and the short visit to our Island
I know i went beyond the call of duty but i truly love my Island and truly want to be
a good ambassador by making your visit the best i could