“You can trust Cayman Eco Adventures” 5 of 5 bubbles

US$58.00*
and up
Starfish and Stingray City Adventure with Snorkeling
Ranked #1 of 167 things to do in Grand Cayman
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“You can trust Cayman Eco Adventures”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

I am always wary of out-of-the-country excursions when traveling w/my family of five (husband and three school-aged daughters). We got a personal recommendation from a friend to use Sting Ray Sailing two years ago, captained by Kevin. This year, when we came back to Grand Cayman via cruise ship, we couldn't book Sting Ray Sailing bc of our port arrival time. So, when we asked the very helpful and trustworthy Michelle at Sting Ray Sailing, she recommended Cayman Eco Adventures, which I believe they co-own. Last year, StingRay Sailing took us out to StingRay City via a gorgeous 40' catamaran. We were one of only three families on board. Safety is of the utmost for Captain Kevin and his crew. This time we took Cayman Eco Adventures "fast" boat, so we had more sights to see. We were the ONLY family booked that day, so it was basically a private charter for the regular cost of a tour. And we literally were the only ones, I am not exaggerating, our family of five alone w/no other boats, out on the sand bar at Sting Ray City. Our daughters ages 8 and 11 fed the sting rays. That is what you call a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Captain Kevin and his crew educate you about the stingrays and how to interact with them. Next, we visited a lovely reef and snorkeled a bit. My daughters loved it. Last, we ended our day at Starfish Point, where we dropped anchor and were able to walk ashore to see starfish. What an amazing day. We were back within three hours in plenty of time to make our tender back to our ship. Michelle told us they cater exclusively to and monitor ships' port arrival times/departures, so no worries. Cayman Eco Adventures really is a first class, professionally run company. I am exceedingly choosy and cautious and felt completely at ease w/ Captain Kevin and crew. Michelle exemplified the utmost in customer service. They provide snorkels, masks, fins, and flotation devices. Both boats have a head (a bathroom on board), and they provide complimentary water, fruit, and sodas/beers for a small fee. I have and would recommend them to everyone.

Visited January 2014

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Thrilling experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

Stingray City was a great way to get out there and do something on a sunny day.

We went with Captain Marvan Tours, and let me tell you, they were fantastic.

Organized, friendly, and well informed, the guides were more then we could ask for. It was pricey, something like 150CI for both of us, but it was so much fun. Of course I was terrified at first, naturally...coming to mind Steve Irwin, but it was nothing to be frightened at.

When you get in the water, the guide explains everything, what to do, and what not to do (aka..step on the barb, go figure, that's something you should avoid...) and then you takes turns holding the ray for pictures, and then get to feed them. It was amazing, they swam around you, brushing up against you and eating right from your hand.

Our tour also had 2 other stops, for snorkeling, and that was also a lot of fun.

I recommend booking your tour for the afternoon, instead of the morning, because in the morning all the cruise ship tours are in, and it will be much busier then in the afternoon.

Do it! You won't regret it for a minute!

Visited April 2014
Hobe Sound, Florida
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Kiss a stingray”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

Stingray City was fabulous! Beautiful white sand, clear water, warm water.
What can I say... beside take me back there!

Visited December 2013
Colorado
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Awesome adventure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Don't miss this on Grand Cayman. We took a tour with Diver's Down. We were the first boat to arrive and had great quality time with the rays. Unbelievable to have the rays in your hands. I would recommend that you get the first tour in the morning to be the firs boat to arrive. Snorkeling the reef afterwards was good, but the memories are all about the rays.

Visited October 2013
Willcox, Arizona
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Amazing time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

During our anniversary cruise, we visited Stingray City off of Grand Cayman. The boat, owned by Kelly Watersports, was who we used for the trip out. The crew was friendly, happy, informative and fantastic. The trip out to the sandbar took approximately 20 minutes. We were given specific instructions on the dos and don'ts of interacting with the stingrays. We got in to the waist to chest deep water and the stingrays came from everywhere. I got to hold one, as well as feed it. I was even made into a stingray sandwich. I won't go in to a detailed story, but it was an amazing experience. I highly recommend this adventure to anyone.

Visited December 2013