“The Best”

Starfish and Stingray City Adventure with Snorkeling
US$39.99*
Stingray City Experience from Grand Cayman
Ranked #1 of 176 things to do in Grand Cayman
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We loved Stingray City, we booked with Moby Dick Tours which I would highly recommend. We had the sandbar all to ourselves and fed the stingrays squid, there were literally dozens of them. They allowed us to snorkel by the reef, until the other tour boats cleared out and we headed over to the Stingrays, unbelievable experience to say the least!

1  Thank lobaker1

Reviewed 20 July 2014

If you don't mind huge stingrays swimming around you, then I definitely recommend going to see them. Awesome experience.

1  Thank ijustneedglitter
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We enjoyed stingray city for the second time. First time on a cruise ship and this time staying on the island.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I've been to GC numerous times and always tell people if they go to any of the attractions, they MUST go to stingray city. I go to SC on every trip to Cayman and love it every time! It's on a sandbar between two ends of the island and the water is CRYSTAL clear and is very shallow...about waist deep. My 8 and 10 year old had no problem standing in the shallower area - which is where everyone goes. It is totally safe! I can't count how many times people bring up Steve Irwin when I tell them about SC. It drives me nuts. That was a freak accident and these are rays that are used to people being around them, feeding them and handling them. I have a friend who takes us out there so I can't comment on any of the tour companies. Some companies take you out there by Jet Ski and some by boat. Not sure how the companies handle how you get the food to feed them but here's what I do....I go to the grocery store and in the frozen section they always have blue and white boxes of squid (you can lift the lid and they look just like you would think). I bought the equivalent of 6 small boxes or two big boxes for two adults and two younger kids. That's plenty but the moment you run out of food (squid) the rays will swim away so keep that in mind! I thaw the squid and cut them in three pieces then I put them in plastic containers with lids. Once they figure out you have food they will swarm you so be ready for a bunch of them to come at once.....they're nice and very soft and they rub up against you like cats. They don't have teeth but they suck so hard it feels like teeth. I had a hickey on my leg for three days when one thought my leg was food. You'll get some of the best pictures of your trip at SC. Some scuba places dive at SC but I've never seen anyone scuba diving there nor do I understand why you would want to.....maybe snorkel but not scuba, save your scuba for the other areas. Anyway, don't miss out on this amazing experience!

1  Thank Armbar0731
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We went with Captain Byran which I found through Island Marketing. The water was crystal clear and the stingrays were not in an enclosure. The water was about 3 feet deep-just perfect. The stingrays swam between our legs and rubbed against our legs, gave us a kiss and a back rub. I would highly recommend Stingray City!!!!