Cayman Ocean Adventures Stingray City & Snorkeling Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Our 3 hour snorkel excursion includes 2 wonderful stops. 1)Enjoy a relaxing 25 minutes boat ride to World famous stingray city sandbar where you can swim and play with the rays in crystal water. It's only 3ft, so everyone can join in the fun. 2)Our second stop is at beautiful Coral gardens where you can see beautiful coral and hundreds of tropical fish. We provide transportation, snorkeling gear, water and fruit punch. Enjoy our paradise as we take you on this extra-ordinary tour.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fabulous”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We were on a cruise ship and decided to not book with them. We walked into Port and immediately saw this excursion. We saved $$$ by not booking thru cruise line.

We had an hour to wait before excursion and walked around. We were driven in car by Owner and photographer Zulema Kelly to boat. She was so kind and nice. When we got on the boat it was not crowded and it was a smooth boat ride to Sting Ray city. Because it was spring break it was crowded with other excursion boats but Eddie (boat helper) brought sting rays to us right away. We stayed a while there then moved on to snorkeling. They were so helpful with putting equipment on my kids and my husband and I. It was beautiful weather and snorkeling was amazing with all the different fish around the coral. Highly recommend them.

After returning home I emailed Zulema because my kids somehow deleted my pictures and she sent them to me right away. I am so grateful to her for doing that because my son kissed a sting ray and while he has the memory we now have pictures thanks to her.

1 Thank Kristen M

Snellville, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Perfect!”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

This was a great experience both for my family and friends. I have never seen anything so beautiful and the staff was so friendly and great! I absolutely loved it i recommend it for everyone!

2 Thank Floyd G
Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Darney Kelly is the BEST!!!!”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

If you are in the Caymans this company is great to take a tour with. It's family run. Darney was so nice and friendly. He made the trip to String Ray City memorable. He and his sons were so nice to my 2 kids who were over the top excited to see the stingrays. His wife took great picture of the kids. What I like best was they didn't seem to care if they got tipped or not which made me tip them more. Very laid back family. Everyone on our tour really enjoyed spending the day with Darney and his family.

3 Thank lizalabo
Greenwood, Indiana, United States
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Great Time!”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We had a wonderful time doing this recently. After the somewhat long boat ride to the sand bar, the water & weather was perfect. The Stingrays are very gentle and there are tons of them coming up to feed. A must see.

Stillwater, Oklahoma
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Disastrous!”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

This was the most unorganized, disaster of an excursion I've ever been associated with. We booked online and were emailed confirmation and directions the very next day, no problems there. However, when we showed up at the pier there was no sign or representative as stated on the directions. The contact person, "Darney", was no where to be found. I asked someone else peddling the same excursion if they knew this person, Darney. The lady on the pier said she knew him and would call him for me. She couldn't get ahold of him so she asked someone else to call, they also could not get ahold of Darney. After the third person called and couldn't get ahold of Darney, the first person I asked said we could just go with them on the tour as they were all owned by the same company. We waited there with another group for a few minutes before they told us it was time to leave.

We walked a short way to the bus parking lot where our guide had to find someone to take us to the bay, there was no arrangement made beforehand. When we got to the bay there was no guide there to meet us (and none came on the bus with us). The bus driver called and looked for someone while we waited on the bus until a lady who was "in charge" showed up. Again, it appeared there were no arrangements made beforehand as she spent the next twenty minutes on the phone trying to get either a boat or someone to drive a boat to take us on our tour. Finally she tells us that we can take the boat that is being fueled up at that time.

The boat we were on had some kind of mechanical problem and apparently only had one gear. Two different times a man came from the upper deck to the lower deck (where we were sitting) and climbed down into the engine room. After the second time he climbed out he told the lady in charge that he didn't know what the problem was.

When we finally got to Stingray City, there was no communication whatsoever about what was going to happen once we got off the boat. We asked for some snorkel gear to use (or at least a mask) but were told we would get that stuff at the next stop. The engine mechanic jumped in and caught a ray for us to take pictures with. He was immediately mobbed by all the excited people. The lady in charge tried to organize something but it was total chaos. When there was finally some organization we went thru a line and took pictures with the ray. (Which they tried to sell to us for $30 once we got back on the boat)

After everyone was allowed to take pictures we were loaded back up to go the place we were to snorkel. The boat wouldn't start! We were towed by another boat about one hundred yards where we were told we would be snorkeling. At this point we were given snorkel equipment and told we were running short on time so would only be able to snorkel for about 20 minutes. After a short snorkel we were loaded back up onto the boat that wouldn't start. We had to be towed back to the bay by another boat. Back at the bay there was no bus waiting to take us back to town.

The tour took a little over two hours longer than it was supposed to. Maybe the boat malfunction was out of the operators' control, I don' know. But the lack of communication and the total lack of organization were a direct result of the operators. I was looking forward to this being the highlight of our trip and it was an absolute disaster.

I highly recommend this excursion if you're on a cruise like we were but I HIGHLY recommend you go with a different company. This excursion was a complete joke and this company should be ashamed for taking money from people!

Visited March 2014