“Great first scuba experience!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lobster Pot Dive Center

Lobster Pot Dive Center
More attraction details
Owner description: The Lobster Pot Dive center on Grand Cayman is an authorized PADI 5 Star Dive Resort with a 5 star reputation. Our divers return year after year to experience our friendly, reliable and first-class scuba diving service and for the best dive training and dive trips on Grand Cayman. Our guests consistently give us 5 star reviews on TripAdvisor, resulting in a Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence Award. Together with our partners, Deep Blue Divers and Wall to Wall Diving, we offer PADI dive courses, morning and afternoon two-tank boat dive trips to Grand Cayman’s famous wall, the wreck of the ex-USS Kittiwake and world-famous Stingray City, shore diving & night diving and dive & snorkel equipment rentals. Learn to Dive Grand CaymanOur experienced and highly knowledgeable PADI instructors teach the full range of PADI dive courses from Discover Scuba Diving for the complete beginner, right up to Divemaster, the first PADI professional rating, including Nitrox, Rescue Diver and many PADI dive specialties. We are one of few dive centers on Grand Cayman with its own private dock so all you have to do is step onto your dive boat for your Grand Cayman dive adventure – no struggling on board from the beach. And with a calm, clear, shallow lagoon alongside the dive center that’s ideal for shallow water dive training and Cheeseburger Reef just a few fin kicks away for training dives and long, relaxed shore dives, you need go nowhere else for all your Grand Cayman scuba diving needs. Grand CaymanTurtle DivingWe also offer snorkel instruction and tours, scuba/snorkel equipment rentals and air fills, and our dive and gift shop is full of dive goodies, gift items and souvenirs that you won’t be able to resist. Deep Blue Images, a team of professional photographers and videographers, is conveniently located on site to provide you with a lasting memory of your dive trip. Located on the west side of Grand Cayman right on the waterfront below the famous Lobster Pot Restaurant, Lobster Pot Dive Center is just a few minutes’ walk from the center of George Town and the cruise ship terminal and a few minutes south of Seven Mile Beach.
Ridgeland, Mississippi
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great first scuba experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

After snorkeling for years, we decided to try scuba this time. Very good introduction in the classroom focused on BASIC principles, safety, and three critical skills necessary for an introductory dive. The instructors did not try to impress us with all that they knew. Instead they focused on the basics that we needed to have a safe enjoyable first dive.

We enjoyed the very small group. Eight of us were in the classroom and dockside but only four students per instructor in the water. Our instructor, Morgan Sweeney, took extra time with my daughter (Anna T) to make sure she was comfortable with the experience in the lagoon before going out to deeper water.

Water was crystal clear and the fish around seemed fairly accustomed to divers. A few large tarpon on the periphery looked intimidating but were harmless. The reef was very beautiful, though to be honest somewhat eclipsed by the sheer wonder of diving for the first time. Our dive time was about 45 minutes. (Actual dive time is determined by the first diver to hit the halfway mark on the air tank.) I was worried about ear pain because of my experience with diving from the surface. With proper technique, this was not an issue at all.

The facility is a short shuttle hop from the cruise terminal. ( I could see the ship from the dive shop.) There are snacks and souvenirs/t-shirts in the shop. As for wheelchair/stroller access, I do not recall ramps, etc. but I was not looking for them at the time. There is a common locker for backpacks/dry clothes right behind the counter but it is not not locked. All necessary equipment is provided. We were offered wetsuits but did not need them because the water was so warm. An underwater camera is a must. I wish that I had practiced with one first because it is harder than I imagined to frame a photo through a mask while floating underwater. Bring water to drink before and after the dive because compressed air is very dry.

I highly recommend this experience and plan to seek further training so I can dive many more times.

Kansas city
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Life changing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

The staff at the lobster pot dive center was absolutely world class. They were friendly and informative, Funny and professional. I honestly could not of had a better time scuba diving. I WILL 100% go back.

Colyell, Louisiana, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great for First Time Experiences”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

This was my first time getting to dive. I've snorkeled before, but scuba diving was a new one for me. The experience was great. I can't remember our instructor's name, but she was awesome. There was 8 of us total in the class, and our group of 4 stayed together, while the other 4 were taken in another group. The sights are awesome. The coral is beautiful. The water was so clear, it was almost like being in a big swimming pool. I could tell that they dive there a lot though, the fish didn't seem to be bothered by it. I was able to get some decent pictures with my waterproof camera. I was too scared to take it out of a waterproof pouch though, and some of them are distorted. But it was great!

Don't get the water in your eyes, it burns like nothing I've ever felt before!

Money well spent!

Visited June 2014
“First time to dive!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

My first experience with scuba-diving was at the Lobster Pot Dive Center. The staff was exceptionally friend;y and very patient with me as I was struggling to grasp the techniques. After much encouragement and instruction I was able to dive to the Cheeseburger Reef. I had an in credible time and will certainly be diving again.

Visited July 2014
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Louisville, Kentucky
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Will not go back.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

The customer service was terrible. I was just renting tanks and weights but I will not go back. I tried to help them out by returning my tanks to the empty designated area but was only met with a sarcastic comment. We went to Ambassador Divers and Divetech instead.

3 Thank ineedsomebeer