“Beautiful Spa in Cayman's East End!”
Review of Le Soleil Spa

More attraction details
Owner description: Resort boutique spa, offering a full range of spa therapies including massage, facials, body treatments, manicures/pedicures and couples treatments.Open to the general public and resort guests. Open daily 9am-6pm.
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Very nice facilities available at the Morritts Resort and the Reef Resort! Year after year I indulge in manicures, massages and facials while visiting Cayman's East End and the ladies at La Soleil Spa never fail to impress with their professionalism and ability to help you relax!

1  Thank LoveCayman A

Reviewed 1 July 2013

I visited Le Soleil Spa March 2013 for a 50 min Deep Tissue massag e (as it says on the invoice) with a final charge of $165.31, which included the automatic $17.25 gratuity. It was NOT worth half the cost. I knew it was way over priced when I booked, it's a resort 'over the barrel' situation which is common. The young woman who did the massage was pleasant enough. The 'deep tissue' really wasN'T, there was mildly firm pressure (we discussed it once and she bore down a bit, but not for long), which almost seemed necessary to spread the heavy weight oil she used on my body. I felt the 'massage' was more of an oiling, she didn't really knead muscle group below the skin, but just rubbed in general, not caring if muscle or bone or fat was underneath. I doubt she had adequate training as a masseuse. Lastly she left me totally greased with no effort to towel off excess oil from my body. SO, it was more like, okay you're totally oiled up now, have a nice day. So.., NEVER AGAIN, especially considering the resort area price of the massage. There is a local East End gal who reportedly is good and will come to you, but she was well booked, so ask around for her number and call in advance.

le soleil s, Manager at Le Soleil Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am sorry you did not enjoy your experience with us. I can assure you that all our staff are experienced and fully trained massage/beauty therapists. I recommend to verbally communicate with your therapist through out your massage if you require the pressure to be adjusted at any time. Our therapists will be happy to apply as much pressure as humanly possible. All our treatment rooms have private shower facilities if you wish to rise off before or after your treatment. Fresh towels/robes are provided.
Thank you again for your feedback.

Sincerly

Reviewed 10 February 2013

DISCLAIMER: This review is for the Spa at The Reef Resort -and not the resort itself. We did not stay at the resort - only visited for dinner and then again for a massage at the spa. (The Spa is not listed separately on Trip Advisor - or I would have placed the review there.)

REVIEW: My husband and I recently had a couples massage at La Soleil Spa at The Reef Resort on East End in Grand Cayman. We considered spas in Seven Mile Beach and Georgetown...but since we were staying in Rum Point area...and wanted to relax....we went with La Soleil. We have had a GREAT couples massage there 2 years ago. But this time was a disappointment.

The room we were in was freezing! The massage tables were not heated, and the A/C was blowing through vents over us the whole time. We left Minnesota to go where it was warm and tropical so that everything in our bodies would loosen up and relax. The massage was to be the icing on the cake - and to help with the workout we gave our shoulders on the kayaks. However, it is very hard to relax when you're under a thin sheet with unscented oil on your skin and cold air blowing over you!! We had to stand in the sun for 10-15 minutes afterwards just to warm up!

The girls who did the massage were pleasant and the massage technique was okay. But not in a room that is colder than I keep my house in the winter back in MN!

My guess is that it is better to head to Seven Mile Beach or GeorgeTown for a massage.

8  Thank Michelle_MN
le soleil s, Manager at Le Soleil Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am sorry to hear you were not satisfied with the tempreture of the treatment room. For future reference our air conditioning can be adjusted at any time upon request. Extra blankets can be provided if nessasary however being located in the sunny caribbean this is not usually required. Our sented oils are only used for Aromatherapy massage. For all other massage we use Jojoba oil. If you did not book Aromatherapy massage then you would not receive sented oils unless requested. I am pleased to hear you found our therapists pleasent and you were satisfied with their massage technique.

Sincerly