“Original 2 snorkel stop stingray city combo with cayman short and sweet”
Review of Captain Marvin

West Grand Cayman Highlights Tour
US$84.37*
Stingray City and Snorkel Tour With Lunch
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I booked this excursion through Shoretrips.com because it offered more of the island than excursions offered through our ship. Finding the office of Captain Marvin's was easy, just one block from cruise terminal. Island time was one hour behind so we actually arrived early. They supplied everything except towels and snacks (make sure to bring some because it is a long hot day). I will say the "short and sweet" part is about right. Not much of a bus ride tour because island is so full of hotels can't hardly see 7 Mile Beach at all. But the boat ride to Stingray city was pleasant and the snorkel sites were nice. The Gardens snorkel stop didn't have as much fish as I would have expected, but then...there were lots of other boats around. So, maybe they should consider a different snorkel spot but this one was still shallow - about 10-12 feet for the novice snorkeler and calmer waters. I would comment that having a snack would have been a nice touch. Also time at the Turtle Farm could have been longer and the same with Hell, but then our group was so large so I know our guide was worried about doing the "necessary" show and tells and getting us back to the cruise terminal. I would limit the size of the group to even smaller if it means getting a little more time at the Turtle farm. We were so hungry, we would have been happy to get something to eat there (at their restaurant) if we had the time. The excursion was almost 5 hours long and when you've been swimming, you are just famished and your family keeps reminding you of it. The staff was very knowlegable and helpful to everyone. Some folks came and didn't even get in the water so deck hands were very accommodating and brought up starfish and other creatures for those remaining on the boat to touch and feel and take photos. They helped my mother on and off the boat and were very nice. I just think the group was too large to try to get to so many island sites. But, I would recommend this excursion - just bring food! By the time you get back to the cruise terminal, there's really not enough time to feel comfortable about going to a restaurant. I also recommend you shop as you make pit stops with the tour and do so quickly...again, just not enough time afterward.

1  Thank 232Traveler

Reviewed 15 July 2014

The crew of Captain Marvin's made our trip to Sting Ray City a wonderful experience! We couldn't have asked for a better crew! I had read about them on Trip Advisor and their reviews were all great! Thanks Captain Marvin's!

1  Thank kasue923
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Captain Marvin's had a fun tour to Stingray City with two snorkeling stops at the barrier reef and coral
gardens. It is a short bus ride and then about a 20-30 minute boat ride to Stingray City. My wife was nervous but had fun. The stingrays brush up against you as they swim by and tour guides are very good as they let you hold stingrays and kiss them if you want. They take photos and charged us $45 for a disc with a dozen pics. If you have your own water resistant camera, bring it. The two snorkeling stops are also nice. Lots to see at barrier reef. I could have spent more time there. There were kids as young as about 10 who were on the trip. Looked like they had fun, too. There are quite a few people at Stingray City but it is such a unique experience. Glad I went.

2  Thank mikestrain
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We arrived in Grand Cayman by The carnival legend. When we arrived at port we easily found Captain Marvin's shop. We paid for our excursion and we had wait for at least an hour for our excursion to start which was a little frustrating. Once our air conditioned bus arrived it took about 15 min to get to our boat. The boat was very clean and well kept. The ride out to sting ray city was beautiful and we spent about 1/2 there then we headed to coral gardens to snorkel . We were also there for about 1/2 hour. I wish each spot would of been a little longer. I thought it was rushed. The guides were very nice and even caught sting rays for us to touch. On the way back the photographer will burn you a CD of your families pictures from the excursion for the hefty price of $45.00 US dollar . I thought this was pretty pricey for a few pictures but we did get them because we didn't have a camera. Be sure to bring a water camera!! I also didn't think they supplied the boat with enough bottled water. They ran out very quickly . One of the guides jumped over board to catch a star fish to show us. This was pretty cool. We all had a very nice time and I would highly recommend this trip. Very safe and a lot less money then if you book through the cruise ship. We got back in plenty of time with a couple hours to shop at the port.

1  Thank kwdinan
Reviewed 11 July 2014

experienced tour guides, we were picked up on their shuttle at our condo., clean boats and knowledgable guides

1  Thank 560,039