“Quick bit of history!”

East End Lighthouse Park
Ranked #92 of 181 things to do in Grand Cayman
Reviewed 22 January 2013

True, not a whole lot to see, but the history is AMAZING. Worth the stop if you are visiting the East End.

Reviewed 11 October 2012

My wife loves lighthouses and we never miss one if we're in the area. we got engaged at a lighthouse and married at a different one!

This poor light is very neglected and in miserable shape. Only for the serious lighthouse fan.

Reviewed 3 April 2012

We pulled over and hiked the great stone steps to see the old lighthouse. Not much of it left but there were some very informative plaques that told you the history of the area. Took us about 10 minutes to see all there was to see but at least I didn't have to wonder what was at the top of those steps anymore!

Reviewed 15 November 2010

We arrived at the east End Lighthouse park , which was the next stop on my version of the Maritime Heritage Trail, after visiting the nearby blowholes. I had visited the National Trust website and contacted them via email so I knew that the little park was accessed via the 37-step staircase just off the main road on the southeastern part of the island. We parked by the side of the road and climbed the staircase to the little trail with informative plaques depicting the history of the lighthouse and the plants and bushes used by the original settlers for medicinal uses and daily practicalities. The staircase and the trail are very well maintained, but the trees and bushes have grown so tall and thick that the beautiful view I was expecting is blocked by the overgrowth. I mentioned this to Stuart from the National Trust on our guided Mastic Trail walk the next day, and he said he reported the overgrowth to the Trust recently, so hopefully it will be taken care of in the near future. Despite the lack of a view, I recommend a stop here just for the informative presentation of a unique part of Grand Cayman history.

3  Thank jackdaddy10