“This is a must do activity!”
Review of Cayman Kayaks

Cayman Kayaks
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Cayman Kayaks offers Bioluminescent Tours by Electric Boat or Kayak. Experience Cayman's ONLY electric custom bio boat for this unique tour. Or take an adventure on our two person guided kayak tours. Our Bioluminescent Tours meet at Rum Point Club, far left side of the Rum Point Club property. You will not want to miss out on this magical and memorizing experience!
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We went on the bioluminescence kayak tour and it was amazing. My sons, ages 11 and 15, said it was the highlight of their trip to Grand Cayman. Our guide, David, did an excellent job explaining bio bay and making sure we experienced bioluminescence first hand, literally. This activity will create memories that will last a lifetime.

1  Thank aross59358
cayman_kayaks_ltd, Owner at Cayman Kayaks, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2015

Thank you for your review!

We are happy that David did a great job and the Bio Bay made a difference in your lives!

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Took the 9:00 pm tour with Tom and experienced the bioluminescence bay! Soooo cool to see the water glowing! Tom was very informative and cares very much for the biological state of the bay. Even though we were kayaking in the dark of night, we felt very safe and had a great time.

Thanks for taking the time to make a review for us!

Reviewed 25 June 2014

A "bucket list" experience, IMO. Just fascinating, and great narration by our guide Tom. I was a little curious about how they would manage what struck me as a herding-cats level challenge in keeping inexperienced kayakers together and on course in the dark, but they've clearly got it down to a science, and it's actually a pretty undemanding paddle. I'm stunned that the Cayman authorities seem to be doing relatively little to preserve this wonder (we were told, for instance, that there is an effort to dredge the area to allow people to get bigger boats in to their vacation houses, which seems almost criminal to me). See it while you still can.

Coming from TX where everything is BIGGER, thanks for taking to time to visit our little Island and come and enjoy these little organisms and appreciate the small stuff.

Thanks for your review!

Reviewed 24 June 2014

After reading reviews on the Boiluminescence tour, it was a "must" on my list of things to do in Grand Cayman. My husband and son went along to make me happy. They are both scuba divers and had their days full of activities already. Needless to say, no one was disappointed. Tom allowed my son to go with him in a double since we had an odd number of people. (He had nothing but kind words to say about you Tom) Words really can't describe what you see when you enter the bay. The water glows like pixie dust, truly a natural wonder that needs to be seen to believe. Add it to your bucket list :)

1  Thank dzwiers

Thanks for sharing your son with me for an hour and half on tour. It was a pleasure to take you guys out!

Thanks for your review!

Reviewed 20 June 2014

I expected to be dazzled by the luminescence, and it was extraordinary. Quite an unusual thing to do, and a very well run tour, so I would say it's a "must do" activity in Grand Cayman if you are here at the right of the month. What I didn't expect was such a pleasant, lovely evening - beautiful temperature, stars in the sky, and an endless expense of calm, warm water. Such a relaxing and yet invigorating experience. You start from the beach at Rum point, kayak for about 10 minutes down to the entrance to the bay, spend some time there, and then head back the way you came.

The coast from Rum Point to the Bay is nice and sheltered, so even on a night when there is more wind, like in the winter months, we can always enjoy calm waters.

Thanks for your review.