“Wonderful Experence!!”

Coral Stone Stables
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We had such a great experience on our private swim ride! The horses were clearly well taken care of and perfectly mannered. At first, we accidentally showed up at another company's place, and it was evident that the horses were a lot more difficult and not as well taken care of. Coral Stone's horses would be easy to ride for anyone who is even scared of horses! We were able to ride the horses in the water for a long time (longer than the other companies doing swim rides while we were) and it was so beautiful. I definitely recommend Coral Stone and doing a private ride!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
1  Thank bev042660

Reviewed 23 November 2013

My family and I had the incredible opportunity to stay with friends on Grand Cayman in February 2013 for a full week. As soon as we started planning the trip I knew I wanted to swim with a horse. I waited to book my event just a couple days before I planned to go on the ride. I don't think you need to prebook unless your going on a cruise, I would call and ask them before leaving though to make sure.

The people that work there were very friendly on the phone, it was easy to book. They are located just north of 7 mile beach, we were staying on the opposite side of the island (near Rum Point) so it was a bit of a drive. There were two men there when we arrived, I was the only one riding so they told my husband where to go so he could take photos and let the boys play. I got right on my beautiful palomino and away we went on the ride of my life, just the guide and I!

I wish I could remember my guide's name but I'm terrible about that, he was a man from Jamaica who works on GC but his wife and children still live back home in Jamaica.
I couldn't have had a better guide, he was very friendly and easy to talk to and made me feel very comfortable. I felt like he was an old friend. We rode down the beach which was secluded except for a few houses and a couple of groups riding. My husband and the boys were at the place where we were going to swim. I have this precious picture of my son running down the beach holding a coconut like a football, I call it "my little Giligan" picture! Anyways, we went out in the water, the horses just walked like it was no big deal. The sensation of riding a horse while they are swimming is amazing, that's all I can say, I was in love with the experience. We were out so far that the water was at my waist and at that time the horses were swimming, I needed to really hang on with my hands and legs so I didn't float away. The guide wanted to go out even further, we weren't too far from the barrier reef but I felt nervous at that point so we didn't go out any further. The ride lasted about 2 full hours, we were in the water for about 40 minutes and the rest was walking on the beach. When I close my eyes or look at my photos I can still feel the heat on my back, my hair blowing in the gentle breeze and the cool water on my legs!

Once the ride was done they put my son and our friend's son on two horses and walked them down to the beach so we could take pictures! They were amazing, I can't say enough good things about this stable! The horses were beautiful and appeared healthy to my untrained eye.

I brought a waterproof disposable camera for pictures which my guide used to take pics along with my husband taking photos. I'm a 46 year old woman, petite and average in looks but when I saw those photos and my friends and family saw them, we couldn't believe how well they turned out and how pretty I looked in the photos, it was magical! I guess when you're in your true element it really shows. All I can say is it was the glow that was showing through, it was absolutely amazing, I felt amazing. It was like someone wiped 15 years away in the matter of those few hours.

If you are debating on whether to do this or not, do it, do it, do it!!! I believe that it was very affordable, if you're vacationing on GC you can swing it! It was $175 for a private ride for the hour and a half that was extended to 2 hrs, not cheap but completely doable. In no way will you have a single regret for going on this once in a lifetime ride. When we go back I will do it again.

In case you're wondering you should wear a swim suit. Also, the horse does have a saddle on, it's a heavy fabric saddle which was very comfortable and easy to use, sort of similar to riding bareback.

Forever in love with GC!
D Whitney RN
Davison, MIchigan

Reviewed 11 November 2013

We did a swim ride and it was really great. We appreciated the flexibility of our guide, Everton, who was attentive to me, the less experienced rider, and gave a free rein (no pun intended) to my friend who was very comfortable on a horse. He really was attuned to what we were looking for in terms of pace and experience. My horse didn't seem to care much at all for a swim that morning but I will definitely be back to the Coral Stone Stables next time I'm in Grand Cayman. The best part was that the shuttle driver deviated from his route to drop us off at the airport. He really went above and beyond. He even stopped off at our request to quickly freshen up and change clothes before reaching the airport. A+ service.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

We had a very nice experience, we were a small group, the horses were really well cared and in good shape, the beach was amazing and the guides very kind and give us a lot of information about the place.

Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

My wife and I truly enjoyed our "swim ride" with Everton. Not only was Everton a joy to ride with (he happens to be an excellent rider), he was a great ambassador for the stable (he was on time, professional, courteous, knowledgable etc). When we come back to Grand Cayman we will be going for another ride with Everton...truly a great experience.