“Highlight Of The Caymans . . .”

Coral Stone Stables
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Highlight Of The Caymans . . .”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

For me this was the highlight of our trip to the Caymans. My boyfriend surprised me because he knew how much I love horses. I thought it was going to be just a regular ride along the beach which I was completely happy with. But to be able to ride the horses in the ocean took the cake. Our instructor was very polite and knew his horses very well. Make sure you bring a waterproof camera so you can take some great pictures. Can't wait to do it all over again.

1 Thank Jonathan W

Katy, Texas
“CORAL STONE STABLE - please tell Nolan we say hi from Texas. He is great.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

Nolan, owners and our guide was soooo nice. He guided our tour and even grabbed my camera to take pictures of our adventure. He is the main horse breeder on the island and runs an awesome adventure. I absolutely recommend him over any other. CORAL STONE STABLE - please tell Nolan we say hi. He is great.

West Bloomfield, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“DO NOT MISS OUT ON THIS!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

Like all the others I will speak first about the man and then the attraction. Nolan is a quiet and gentle soul who owns his own horses, cares about them, and truly wishes for all who partake of this adventure to have an excellent time with wonderful memories as souvenirs. In terms of the attraction itself what more need be said about riding a horse along the beach on a tropical island while the surf fills the hoof prints made by your horse behind you? We had to seek this adventure out ourselves with kind assistance from the locals in customs since we did not book through the cruise line. Nolan saved us two taxi rides by both picking us up and dropping us off as well. His stable is currently not contracted through Carnival by the way but you will pay less because of this.

1 Thank Fabian R
New York City, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice enough ride, not really a swim”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

I did the swim ride. The ocean stayed shallow enough that he horses were basically never truly swimming (I've done swims before in lakes and so on and know what it feels like). The horses also seemed a bit anxious about being so deep, particularly the younger horse I was on. This made my not-horse experienced boyfriend pretty anxious. I had a few issues with the horse I was on (he got very freaked out in the water and tried to rear a number of times and also rolled while I was on him when we returned to land) - this wasn't an issue for me since I'm a very experienced rider but could have been dangerous if a new rider had been on him. The guide knew I was experienced, so perhaps that horse is only ever given to experienced riders, but it did leave me with a slight concern about safety there. Lastly, it was a walk only ride, no trot or canter so a little boring to an experienced rider. The beach was lovely though, the water was warm, we got a private ride (just me and the boyfriend), and the horses looked well cared for. All things considered, it was fine, but I would try one of the more popular crews if I were to come back to this island and try another trail ride.

One last note - the google maps shows two entrances to Barker's park, and only the western one is still accessible. Don't try the other way, we got a bit lost and were a bit late.

Visited April 2014

1 Thank Kris A
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Would rate at 6 stars if I could”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

My apolgies to Nolan and his team for not posting this sooner. We took a beach ride over New Years. Our ship arrived 2 hours late..and we were delayed getting off ship due to lack of tenders, causing us to miss our scheduled excursion. Nolan came to the cruise port looking for us twice before we were able to get the nice lady from imagration to call him. He created a special ride just for our group later that afternoon.

The horses are beautiful and well maintained. We all loved the ride through the ocean. The park you are in makes it seem that you are all alone on a deserted island.

My 14 year old niece is an experienced rider and and stated she was forever spoiled for any future horseback camps. We did shore excursions at each port we visited, and this was voted the highlite of our vacation.