“Lovely stay in Snowdonia”
Review of Cadwgan - Inn

Cadwgan - Inn
Reviewed 21 August 2013

We had such a lovely stay and a wonderful family room. It had everything you could want. It had a kettle with tea ,coffee hot chocolate with biscuits! A hair dryer in the draw ,plus fresh towels were changed everyday. Our room was lovely and the kids enjoyed the tv in the room. Adam ,the owner made us feel very welcome so did the rest of his family members! breakfast was very nice with a good choice of cereals, fruit, yogurts and of course it included a hot breakfast too! We really enjoyed our stay there and would definitely go back again.

Room Tip: The room with the triangle window! A good family room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 5 August 2013

Karen and Adam have always provided a wonderful service when we stay at the Cadwgan. Me and my partner have visited over ten times now and we always go back. The food is exceptional, with healthy portions and good variety. The puddings are wonderful, chocolate fudge cake is my favourite!

The rooms are very spacious and are always clean. I'm quite an old fuddyduddy despite being only 34, so me and my fiance go to bed at around 8pm. We can hear the music from the bar but it all goes quiet at 11pm (that's the only thing I can selfishly sulk about!).

The breakfast is superb! Karen always asks what time we want to have it. They are extremely flexible as once we asked to have breakfast at 10am. Local produce was used for the full English (sorry, Welsh) breakfast.

The price for evening meal, drinks and B&B rounded up to £50/head which is good value for a wonderful hotel.

Going back in August and hopefully we'll fit another visit in October.

Room Tip: All rooms are great but the honeymoon suite is lovely.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Staying in the village we a family of four ventured out for our evening meal. My wife is vegetarian and it is a rare occurrence to have a choice of four dishes on the main menu and four on the specials board. Whilst my teenage son chose the big burger and couldn't eat any more after (rare) I had a perfectly cooked plaice and my wife the spinach & ricotta cannelloni. My eight yr old son had the kids pizza and followed this up with an ice cream. The landlord was very welcoming and the food freshly cooked and piping hot. The only criticism was from my eight yr old son who suggested a five inch pizza on the kids menu was ok but if an adult wanted pizza this wasn't on the main menu, he loves pizza!!. We all decided this was the best meal of our holiday and was worth spending time telling others about it on Tripadvisor.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2013

A last minute booking for a day at the beach and was not disappointed.A very pretty hotel and so close to the railway that you don't need a car to go anywhere. Well maintained gardens and a delight to sit out in. Food was good and so were the hosts. The room we were in ( 7) was very clean and well appointed with a wonderful view towards the dunes and beyond.A great nights sleep and comfy beds

Room Tip: room 7 was great .
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 February 2013

What a wonderfull golfing weekend spent playing some of the most fantastic golf courses we have ever played, we had the pleasure of making our base at the Cadwgan Inn, this gave us the opportunity to be central for most of the courses in the region.
Our stay in the Cadwgan was excellent, we found the Hotel warm,clean and very friendly nothing was too much trouble. Karen & Adam and all the staff made us feel welcome from the start to the end of our stay,we can not wait to come back again next year.

Thanks again

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 February 2013

We have visited The Cadwgan on many occasions.This time it was a short stay for my birthday. We had an evening meal when the food was excellent, the service was immaculate and the staff were very friendly. The atmosphere in the bar was great with both locals and visitors chatting together. There is a good selection of drinks available from standard beers and wines to selected special spirits.
We stayed in room no. 3, the bridal suite, which is well furnished and extremely comfortable, it was the first time we had had this room and it added to our enjoyment.
The next morning we had a great breakfast of cereals, fruit juice and a full English breakfast which was served piping hot. We weren't rushed at all but just allowed to eat at our leisure. There is no doubt at all that we will return to The Cadwgan for many future visits and we can fully recommend the venue to anyone. It is worth noting that there is a seperate games room for children but we didn't use that and it is set in pleasant grounds totally away from traffic and noise of any kind.

Room Tip: all rooms are excellent
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2012

I am surprised by the other review from last year- if this hotel is considered homely, I am worried about the condition of the reviewer's home! We paid £435 for a three night stay and I was expecting something really nice, considering that it was in a village I had never heard of. We were put up in a shabby attic conversion with cheap furniture. I couldn't stand up erect in the toilet as my head kept bumping the ceiling, and I am only average height. The welcome was non existent- no one bothered to say more than a cursory hello. There was no advice about local attractions, not a single effort was made to make us feel welcome. The hotel was being run by awkward kids who all seemed painfully shy.

I am not saying that there was any rudeness or anything, but when paying a small fortune, you expect slightly better than a travelodge. There are some nice touches, as the play area is nice and there is a gym etc. which you don't often find, but the basic amenities were simply not good enough. The food was okay, the daily breakfast window is only from 0830 to 0930, so you have to be quick to get it. I noted that the hotel was given five stars for cleanliness- clearly the starring committee did not visit our room as there was a large cobweb every day of our stay despite the room being "cleaned' every day. The beam in the toilet had a thick layer of dust on it and I managed to fit into the shower cubicle after exhibiting some great contortionist skill.

All in all, a disappointing overpriced pub with rooms above it. If that is all you expect, go for it, but don't say you weren't warned!! Sadly I will not be visiting once again.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
#1 of 4 in Dyffryn Ardudwy
Ystumgwern Hall Farm
Ystumgwern Hall Farm
#4 of 4 in Dyffryn Ardudwy

Been to Cadwgan - Inn? Share your experiences!