“Such a happy find”

Byrdir Farmhouse and Studio
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dyffryn Ardudwy
Byrdir Farmhouse and Studio
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Such a happy find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

Its been a while since I stayed here with my partner last year. However having finally signed up to give back a bit to this site after using it on so many occassions in the past, helping spread the word on this place has to be one of my first acts. It was just so so lovely. The valley up to the Rhinogs is fantastically rural and rugged for anything south of Scottish border, the accomodation is cosy and comfy, the service is friendly and genuinely helpful and the its all very good value. They do a great mid-week break discount which puts most overpriced British hotels to shame. And then there are the excellent breakfasts - lucky its slap bang in the best walking country to burn them off!

Room Tip: Stayed in one of the converted barns and loved it, although not for those not too mobile.
  • Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Dave W

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
WEST MIDLANDSI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2011

Wonderful accomodation in Beudy convert Cowshed. Due to all the other reviews we booked this for a couple of chilled days. The children loved their bed in the roof and the stairs were fixed so no worries about ladders. Lovely gas fire which had been put on before our arrival by the great hosts and what a treat it was also on for when we got back from our days out.. Breakfast was fab and set you up for the day. Made use of the microwave for snacks and Louise offered us plates etc but having read the other reviews went prepared. My daughter was even won over by their dog Del (She is not a dog fan) In the lounge in the main farm house there is Wi Fi which pleased our teenager son! But the views peace and quiet was what we went for and what a treat. Book you will not be dissappointed

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank CONCAN
england
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2011

this was our first trip to Byrdir and it was excellent great breakfast,great views, great hosts not great weather but booked a return trip so maybe next time !!!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2011

We've been to Snowdonia a number of times and we love the wild beauty of the place but this is our first time at Byrdir. I cant compliment this place enough.

We stayed in 'Ty Gwair', one of the studio cottages which was just perfect for us. The old haybarn has been converted vey nicely. There's a seating area downstairs with a nice fire, a small kitchen area and a shower room with wc. The bed deck is up in the roof of the barn. The ladder leading up to bed is quite steep so may not suit older people. But I know having asked Gwion about the other barns that there are other studios that would suit my parents for example.

What else can I say. Great value, the breakfasts which are served in the main house were divine. The hosts are friendly and as ever in Snowdonia, the views were to die for. I know everybody says so. But we will be back. (And we dont often do that)

Room Tip: We thought Ty Gwair ws great
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SteveJ67
Methley
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2011

My family and I had the pleasure of staying with Gwion and Louise at Byrdir farm for 4 nights in June 2011. A little bit off the beaten track ( which is another reason why it was soooooooooo wonderful ), as soon as we arrived Gwion greeted us and very kindly offered to put my sons bikes in his shed.
We stayed in one of the original cow sheds and it was a delight. My husband and I slept in the twin beds downstairs and my boys 12 and 14 slept in the mezzanine loft . We had a little kitchenette with kettle, sink, microwave and fridge and I could easily rustle up something to eat in the evenings. If short of any utensils Gwion and Louise were more than happy to lend us whatever ever we you needed. I did have a picnic hamper with me and used the plates out of there whihc was good. We had wonderful views of the countryside and sea and at night the beds were sooo comfortable we slept and slept. ( could hear the owls occasionally which was a real treat).
Breakfast in the morning was just right with gorgeous fresh local yoguarts,cereal and Louise's special breakfast cooked to perfection by Louise and served cheerfully every morning by Gwion.
Gwion ensured the boys had enough scraps in the morning to feed the 3 pigs which was hilarious and we were all soon fighting over who should feed the pigs in the morning. Dell was the delectable sheep dog who was always so pleased to see us, following us and play. It was really entertaining watching her attempting to round up the ducks. My Uncle stayed in main farmhouse and that was equally as charming.
I was pleasantly suprised by Barmouth and the scenary generally was stunning with Harlech Castle, beaches and Port Merion just up the road.
We all had a wonderful holiday and cannot wait to return. Thankyou sooooo much to Gwion and Louise - it was like staying with friends but more relaxing!

Room Tip: It depends what your accomodation needs are
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank aniMethley
Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2011

My fourth visit in three years and yet again I wasn't disappointed. I always stop and think before posting a Trip Advisor review for Byrdir cos part of me wants to keep this place a secret. You always receive a warm and enthusiastic welcome from the owners Gwion and Louise. Book one of the self-catering studios and combine the benefits of your own front door and lounge/kitchenette area with someone else to cook you a nice big breakfast! This is the best B&B I have ever stayed in and by far the lowest priced.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank blackdiamondexpress
Kendal, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2011

To be honest, I didn't really know much about Byrdir before we arrived (my other half had booked the stay, I'd just nodded and agreed) but I was absolutely delighted with her choice.

OK, so it's a little off the beaten path, but nothing wrong with that in my opinion.

Our room was, I think, the smallest of the accommodation yet there was still ample space, it was very comfortable and had everything we needed including beautiful views across the fields to the coast and beyond.

Louise and Gwion were perfect hosts, always happy to help, always happy to offer suggestions, just always happy!

It's a perfect place to explore the region and ideal for walking, biking and generally relaxing. Go there and enjoy!

Room Tip: Choose any, I'm sure they are all excellent!
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple