“Good value with tasty food”
Review of Cimboco

Cimboco
Ranked #16 of 118 Restaurants in George Town
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Caribbean, Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
The Woodlands, Texas
“Good value with tasty food”
Reviewed 21 July 2008

Having just returned from Grand Cayman, I can say I was very disappointed in the food offerings on the island. Not to say that all the food was bad - some was fine, some wasn't - but the food was extremely expensive and not particularly memorable. When I feel like I am getting ripped off, I have a hard time enjoying the meal.

This is why Cimboco came as a pleasant surprise. The menu was interesting, serving a carribean fusion style that had options to please me (seafood and meat), my vegetartian wife, and two young children. The food was good, some items great, and the atmosphere was warm and casual. The price was relatively inexpensive and felt downright reasonable compared to the area competition.

We ate 4 meals there (2 breakfast, 1 lunch, 1 dinner), and with our varying tastes I was able to try many menu items. I would say thier strongest offering is breakfast, but I would recommend for all meals.

CaymanFoodie
“hit and miss .... much more miss than hit!”
Reviewed 21 June 2008

This place is fine if you are a family. They give the kids pizza dough to play with! Watch out for the cookies they are often as hard as hockey pucks!

I would not eat here unless I was desperate for a place where I could get a table. You can ALWAYS get a table it is never busy, though the staff are VERY VERY SLOW!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Great brick fire Pizza oven and the food is very modern with a Caribbean infusion, BUT beware some dishes are...”
Reviewed 4 March 2008

Great brick fire Pizza oven and the food is very modern with a Caribbean infusion, BUT beware some dishes are surprisingly quite spicy (e.g. the Hollandaise Sauce on the Eggs Benedict was almost too spicy to be comfortable).

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
South Deerfield
“great food - great staff”
Reviewed 17 January 2008

Although not directly on the beach - this restaurant had excellent food for very reasonable prices. The fresh fruit breakfasts were our favorites - inclding muscili (granola) and yogurt. We went back for dinner - the vegetarian entres that we tried were well spiced and very flavorful. The eggplant rolls were the best. Actually, we did not have one meal we were unhappy with.

We loved sitting outside enjoying the breezes - the lighting is a bit bright for evening but that is one of the few changes I would make (maybe quiet music for ambiance).

The absolute best thing we found at the restaurant was the staff. Leah, Inacio, and Scott became friends in a matter of days. It was like talking with family. Very special.