“Don't waste your money thinking good seafood is here.”
Review of Yoshi Sushi

Yoshi Sushi
Ranked #6 of 118 Restaurants in George Town
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

I don't know if a ton of these reviews are from people from Arkansas or something but this is not good sushi. It's actually aweful. Sushi rice was so thick and dense it overcame what little amount of sushi they put in their rolls or on top of nigiri. Even sashimi was not good. You can tell they use all frozen fish that was shipped in. I specifically asked what was local and they said the tuna, which we also tried. It was better than anything else we ordered but still far from good sushi, let alone great sushi. Prices are outrageous for the quality of product you are getting. I've been to the best sushi places in NY and California and I've been to AYCE sushi buffets. This place is not excellent like so many people are claiming. It's not even as good as buffets I've had. It's not even as good as what I pick up from Whole Foods on my way home from work. This was such a disappointment given all the good reviews. It wasn't just one dish or fish. We had A LOT of items and all were a major letdown. So it's not like we just had one roll and said all the food sucks. We actually tried a good variety...and the food sucks! Service was friendly and our waitress was good but that doesn't make up for barely edible sushi.

1  Thank Will C
EatsLegendzYoshis, Manager at Yoshi Sushi, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Hello. We are so glad your service was acceptable at Yoshis, and are sorry you did not care for your food. We always welcome feedback from customers and your comments have been noted and taken to Management.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

After having a horrible experience at Macabuca, we hopped the bus back to Yoshi Sushi in hopes of salvaging our Saturday night. What a pleasant surprise! We eat sushi often and thought this was a really great place to eat. It was super busy and it did seem as though our server had a lot of tables to manage. However, we didn't care, we were not in a hurry.

We had the gyoza to start, very good. Then, we had several rolls. We like spicy things so we tried to pick some of the hotter rolls, but they were just mildly spicy. The flavor was good and we enjoyed them anyway. Since we sat up at the bar, we thought we would be able to interact with the sushi chefs, but I think we would have had to go to the other room with the bar. I'm not sure, I wish that would have been a little clearer.

Overall, we were very happy after how the night started and we got our sushi fix. We would come back here.

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to review Yoshis. We are so glad you enjoyed your time with us. Come back and see us soon

Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

This restaurant was conveniently located across from the Westin. We were in search of a lighter meal. Upon entering, you find busy and lively atmosphere. The menu has a wide array of options. Our waiter and service were really good. Constantly back refilling water, making sure we weren't in need of anything. We ordered edamame and a peppered tuna tataki salad for appetizers. Tuna was fresh. My husband and I shared 3 gourmet rolls for dinner. Rolls were smaller than usually prepared in the states but very good - great combination of fish and flavor. We don't usually order dessert at a sushi restaurant but the apple/peach cobbler sounded good so we gave it a try. It was really good- more cakey than traditional cobbler but good nonetheless. For an island meal, I thought it was fairly inexpensive as we'll. Would definitely come back.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

When I told friends I was eating as Yoshi, Grand Cayman, for the first time, they couldn't believe it...for they go there often. Although the place very busy, noisy...our table of 6 received good service and did enjoy the atmosphere. I ordered the noodled soup and it was not as tasty as i'd hoped, but I can say all around my friend's dishes were excellent (they said) and I will order differently next time....yes, there WILL be a next time! Reasonable prices for Cayman dinner.

Hello- thanks for taking the time to review Yoshis. We can't wait to have you back- keeping local clientele happy is so important to us. We look forward to having you back to try some of our other delicious dishes!

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Inside it looks very Japanese, well decorated, cool environment. Outside it's a strip mall, but give it a shot if you're in the mood for Japanese food (didn't try the sushi). Noodle soups are great, we actually took another dish to go for the flight.

Didn't have the traditional ginger salad, but they did have the ground seating. Soups were a bit salty which is typical of Americanized Asian soups, good just not overly authentic.