“Amazing food and atmosphere”
Review of Corita's Copper Kettle - CLOSED

Corita's Copper Kettle
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed 30 June 2012

I am so glad we listened to the locals and tried Corita's. We were on a cruise and had finished our excursion with some time left, and decided to try some local fare. Corita's was recommended by a very friendly woman at the port building. The food was so good I have already tried finding the exact recipe to try (It will never be the same) to have a taste of her food at home. We had the Cayman style fish, and a pork dish that I cannot remember the name of. Both of them were lunch specials. The rice and beans are authentic, and the slaw was just as good. You are doing yourself an injustice if you are in the area and do not try this place!

1  Thank Mark M

Reviewed 23 May 2012

Yummy local food and quaint cottage feel - A Cayman classic in middle of George Town

Reviewed 19 March 2012

We stayed 2 months on Grand Cayman and before we left, I wanted to try Corita's Copper Kettle for the cod and ackee breakfast. We walked to George Town from Seven Mile Beach just for that. We were very disappointed when we were told that it had sold out by 10AM. The next day I called before we walked into town. I was told they did not have it that Friday. On Monday I called again. Corita answered and said she had it and served it until 11:00. She assured me she would take care of me when I came. We walked to town by 9:15. We sat down and asked for the cod and ackee but were told it was sold out. Somehow, Corita heard the conversation and asked the waitress if we were the ones who called that morning. When she found out we were the ones, she came out of the kitchen to talk to us and said she would make some special for us. I was happy about that. The restaurant is frequented by locals who go to the counter and order their meal. Some take it with them; others sit there and eat. The ackee is a fruit grown in Jamaica. Our dish was ackee with small pieces of codfish mixed together with onion and pepper. The way it was prepared, the ackee looked like scrambled eggs. Along with it, we were served a boiled green banana, plantain, and fritters. We enjoyed a large glass of orange juice squeezed by Corita. The breakfast was very filling! If you enjoy trying different foods, I highly recommend a visit to Corita's. If you want the cod and ackee, I also recommend calling before you go so you are not disappointed. The restaurant does not accept credit cards.

1  Thank MilwaukeeSunseeker2
Reviewed 16 January 2012

After reading the reviews, I wanted to try this place for lunch on the day we were in Grand Cayman off our Cruise ship. A very small place that was an easy walk for Cruise ship people. Down Fort street, make a right and its on the left side of the street. My wife had the Curry chicken and I've never seen so many bones in a cut up chicken! I first ordered the fish special only to be told 10 minutes later that they were out of it and had the Conch burger which came with fries. All in all ok at best, but $24 including tip was a little high even for Grand Cayman.

Reviewed 9 December 2011

Went here at 0630 with a buddy. Sign said "Open at 6 a.m." but when we walked in the owner seemed a bit startled (folks aren't big early risers around here for breakfast). Only option was the house special bread, ham & cheese sandwich, which we gladly ate. It was a big sandwich and was quite tasty with homemade bread. Coffee was black and strong. This is just a plain ole' diner type of place with mama's home cook'n. I would definitely go back. 2 breakfast sandwiches, 2 OJs, 2 coffees, $16 CI, $20 USD.

2  Thank Captain_Random