“Local spot, expected more”
Review of Corita's Copper Kettle - CLOSED

Corita's Copper Kettle
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Gainesville, Florida
“Local spot, expected more”
Reviewed 4 January 2013

This was my first time in Cayman and wanted good local fare. My expectations were high because my wife's family is Jamaican. We stopped in around lunch time an found a a steady stream of locals stopped in which was reassuring. The service was fine.We ordered the cayman style fish and the oxtail. Both dishes were just okay, and left me wanting. I noticed all of the locals ordered the soup, maybe we should have also.

• Visited December 2012

Tallahassee,FL
“Local but Not”
Reviewed 4 January 2013

We asked our tour guide to take us to the best local spot for some food and she took us to Rita's. The place is tiny but had several locals in line and sitting down. We took that as a good sign. I discovered that the menu was comprised of traditional Jamaican items (I am Jamaican and Haitian) this caught me by surprise as I expected something unique to the Caymans. The favorit seemed to be the red bean soup. The husband had fish and I asked for oxtails. Both were delicious and filling. We were satisfied even though we remained surprised that the style of cooking so closely matched that of Jamaican food.

• Visited December 2012
Grand Cayman
“traditional Caymanian food!”
Reviewed 13 September 2012

I love the breakfasts including good fritters, strong coffee, Cayman style! lunches I usually get to go, for limited seating (Go early for local daily specials. and be patient if a line it goes quickly!

Visited September 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Amazing food and atmosphere”
Reviewed 30 June 2012

I am so glad we listened to the locals and tried Corita's. We were on a cruise and had finished our excursion with some time left, and decided to try some local fare. Corita's was recommended by a very friendly woman at the port building. The food was so good I have already tried finding the exact recipe to try (It will never be the same) to have a taste of her food at home. We had the Cayman style fish, and a pork dish that I cannot remember the name of. Both of them were lunch specials. The rice and beans are authentic, and the slaw was just as good. You are doing yourself an injustice if you are in the area and do not try this place!

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Mark M
Grand Cayman
“A Cayman classic in middle of George Town”
Reviewed 23 May 2012

Yummy local food and quaint cottage feel - A Cayman classic in middle of George Town