“Best of the Best”
Review of The Brasserie

The Brasserie
Reserve with OpenTable
The Brasserie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 118 Restaurants in George Town
Price range: US$0 - US$35
Cuisines: Caribbean, Fusion
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I have dined in many fine restaurants in many locales & the Brasserie is simply the Best! Nowhere else can you enjoy top farm/boat to table cuisine in beautiful British Colonial atmosphere so professionally prepared & presented. I would never miss an opportunity to dine at the Brasserie, either indoors or outdoors in the "farm". If you have only one meal in Cayman, it should be here.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Third time and three times a dining delight. I'm beginning to think The Brasserie is the favorite restaurant for my wife and I -- we've always had such a wonderful experience. Our menu selections have always been the chef's 5-course tasting with wine pairing; easy, fun, and perfect for us, and more importantly, delicious from salad to desert. The team-oriented service is friendly and helpful from the moment you walk into the door-- in fact, I left one of two "meritorious service" pins provided to my by Trip Advisor for the purpose of saluting great service. For a special delight, ask to see the vegetable garden where the restaurant grows most of its fresh vegetables and herbs.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

We had the 5 course tasting menu, and it was fabulous. The tuna ceviche was outstanding, and the mussels were even better. The salad with feta cheese was delicious with top notch produce, and by the time we got to the steak entree we were full, but kept on eating because everything was so good! And THEN they brought out the dessert plate which featured four different selections! We were shown the amazing gardens out back by Corey. The property, in the middle of an office park, is beautiful. Even though it is not on the water, this place is not to be missed.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

We shared a chicken curry panini and a salad today. It is great how you can build your own salad without having to worry about who has touched what at the salad bar. The cookies at the end of the lunch line come after the cashier, so do not miss them.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Based on reviews we were looking forward to a stellar meal. It was very good, a lovely experience, but not quite at the level we expected. Sorry to be a bit of a curmudgeon among all the great reviews. The room is sedate, romantic, and quiet. Did not have typical tropical decor, but perhaps that is to the relief of the many locals who dine here. In any case, we had a spacious and comfortable table. Service was friendly and efficient, but our waitress disappeared halfway through the meal, never to be seen today. A waiter took her place and he was fine, but it was a bit odd to be ditched like that at a restaurant of this quality.

The best thing we ate was the tomato and burrata salad. Incredibly fresh tomatoes, beautifully presented. The fish tea was good and fresh, a bit spicy for my taste. We both had the seafood pasta as our main course. This was disappointing; it reminds me of perhaps something just one step up that I can make (that I have made!) at home. The fish was pedestrian - shrimp, mussels, and I believe tuna. The broth was simple, although it got tastier towards the bottom of the bowl. The pasta was indeed homemade and everything was fresh, but this was not a knock out dish. Oh well.

A very lovely restaurant, just not my favorite on an island that has so many great places to dine.

1  Thank Bookistan5