“Disappointed the first time and again last week”
Review of The Lobster Pot

The Lobster Pot
Ranked #6 of 118 Restaurants in George Town
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 22 August 2014

We went to the Lobster Pot in 2006 and had a horrible experience. The food was okay but the staff was extremely rude. They were not busy at all and were too interested in chatting to take care of customers. It took several hours to get the food which was okay.
Due to this horrific experience we had not been back until last week despite regular travel to Cayman (four times to in the last year). We decided we would give it another shot while dining with friends who live on island. The staff was courteous and the food fairly good. My husband and I shared an entrée which was $52 CI which is about $65 US; double the cost of most other menu items. We advised that we did not want a baked potato and asked if we could sub plantains. They brought BOTH of us baked potatoes, which we said we did not want and the plantains as a side. We were with friends and did not carefully inspect the bill which normally I do. Upon arrival back at our villa, I found a $10 CI split charge and a $5 CI charge for plantains which is about $18.75 US. They did not advise us of any split fee nor did they say we would be charged when we asked for plantains IN LIEU OF the potato, which we asked them not to give us. I did not want nor eat the potato. Our bill for the shared single entrée was more than that of our friends who had two entrees. We will be back in Cayman in two months and WILL NOT return then or ever.

4  Thank srbelle24014

Reviewed 20 August 2014

We loved this restaurant.
We had overall great food on Cayman Island. This restaurant was by far the best . We are a family of 8 so there is lot to please.

1  Thank Consulltus
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

My husband & I had a dinner here, we loved it. The breeze was nice & it was so relaxing.

My husband had the fried snapper & seafood dish for my self (we both love seafoods! After half an hour our server told us that our meal would take a lil bit more longer bec. theres something issues in the kitchen. Good thing we werent that hungry and its fine. Customer service was great ,food was good so everything was still perfect.

Keep it up!

1  Thank Lee-V24
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Loved the view of the harbor from our outdoor table. The food, service and atmosphere were outstanding. They even accommodated a special request that wasn't on the menu. Everything was delicious but definitely recommend the lobster and mango salad.

1  Thank The3Powells
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We stopped here for lunch as we walked back to the cruise terminal from 7 Mile Beach. There are places closer to the beach, but I wanted to be closer to the terminal when we stopped. There are places closer to the terminal, but my child was at the end of his rope, and I promised we would stop at the next place we came upon. The Lobster Pot was it.

First, the food is excellent if a bit pricey for a casual lunch. The portions are huge. Conch fritters are tasty if a bit light on the conch (though maybe it's ground up into the batter, different than it's done here in Florida). I had the pulled pork sandwich (an open-face sandwich) and my son had the fish and chips. Both meals were excellent.

The service was friendly and prompt, but I don't recall the waitress wearing a name tag so can't give her proper due on here. Everyone was nice and friendly though. There is indoor and outdoor seating. We chose the shaded deck as it offered better views and the breeze insured we weren't too hot.

Tip: If you come off a cruise ship, they don't have US dollars so expect to pay by credit card or get your change in CI. This happened twice to us in the one day we were on Grand Cayman. However, the vendors at the terminal gladly take US and CI so it's not really a huge problem.

1  Thank sunnyyellowinfl