“Great Beer”

The Cayman Islands Brewery
Ranked #8 of 60 things to do in George Town
More attraction details
Owner description: The secret of Caybrew, CayLight and Ironshore Bock (ISB) involves some of the most ancient brewing and manufacturing arts known to man; combine this with the most current state of the art brewing technology to date and this is The Cayman Islands Brewery.Caybrew has already won a prestigious Monde Gold award and quickly becoming the fastest growing beer in the Cayman Islands, Caybrew, Caylight and Ironshore Bock are brewed to the highest international standards.Brewery tours are available every Monday trough to Friday on the hour from 9 am to 4 pm. Ring ahead for bottling days for the main experience. The Gift store is also open during these times selling exclusive Caybrew, CayLight and Ironshore Bock items.
Reviewed 1 November 2013

We went on the 3pm tour (they hold tours on hour) from 9am to 4pm (last tour is at 4pm - though check their website for more details). We were staying on island so we went later in the day to miss the crowd from the cruise ships, however, I think our tour guide was rather tired from a very heavy morning of tours (there were 10,000 people in port that day - compared to a normal 5,000). It was very interesting and we learned a lot about their beer making process and their history. She also made sure that we had samples before we started the tour and went to see the bottling right away since she knew that they were almost done for the day. At the end of the tour we got to sample more beers and were able to buy a variety six pack. Tips for others: They can beer most days of the week and bottle beer one day, so call ahead if you want to see the bottling. Go after 1pm if you want to miss most of the cruise ships. Also, they have free wifi if you want to rate your beers on Untappd. Also, as of 11/1/13 they will be charging for their tours.

5  Thank Brightadventure

Reviewed 25 October 2013

We had a great time at the Brewery today. The staff is super friendly and easy to talk to. The tour was fun I tip my hat to the folks working the bottling line....they let me get right next to the bottling machine and let me sample the beer just as it was being bottled! The Bock beer is one of the best I have ever tasted. Wish we had toured this place earlier inthe week. We wouldhave filled our fridge with the 12-pack sampler!!

2  Thank Chuck H
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Our private tour guide took us here. Their beer is delicious! If we could have taken beverages back on board the cruise ship, we would have loaded up! A definite must go to!

1  Thank L K
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I so can't wait for my second visit to The Cayman Islands Brewery on October 10th! Looking forward to visiting with the management and staff and taking lots of pictures and of course drinking my Favorite caybrew ironshore bock.

1  Thank Kemahnet
Reviewed 16 September 2013 via mobile

We were on a cruise stop and had limited time ashore. Everyone seemed to really enjoy the tour with friendly folks. Tour was free as were "samples"!

1  Thank ROLLLTIDE