“Great service”
Review of La Dolce Vita - CLOSED

La Dolce Vita
Price range: US$25 - US$50
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Grand Cayman
“Great service”
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

We had dinner to celebrate my son's birthday. My hubby & I had broiled lobster in a garlic mushroom cream sauce - delish! My stepson quickly scarfed down his mahi-mahi which I knew he enjoyed (even though he's a picky eater). Do note that their portions are small so don't skip the appetizer! Dessert was a caramel chocolate mousse called "La Dolce Vita" which all 5 of us decided to order and boy did we enjoy it - was very rich and delicious. When I made the reservation by phone, I requested that my son's dessert have "happy birthday Matthew" written on it and they ensured that happened - which was quite a surprise for him.
The service was good too - very friendly staff who checked in on us to make sure we were enjoying our meal & our waiter was quite funny too.
You can dine outside overlooking the sea which is perfectly situated for sunsets, but we opted for indoor dining as summer evenings can be quite warm in Cayman. The restaurant is clean, the decor is nice and the seating is comfortable.
This is my second dining experience there, and I must say the good service has been consistent - will go again and I recommend this restaurant for a nice family dinner or a romantic sunset dinner for couples which can be enjoyed on the outdoor balcony or inside (where you can still see the sunset from your table). Make your reservation now!

3 Thank Sammi_Dread

Jackson, Mississippi
“Best Italian I have had in years”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I have eaten at Italian restaurants all over the US, and La Dolce Vita is now the best authentic Italian restaurant experience I have had. Every course was perfectly prepared, and the service was impeccable. I usually attempt to try a different restaurant every evening when I travel to a new location, but we will be making a second visit to this restaurant during our stay in Grand Cayman.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Toby B
Houston, Texas
“Nasty Fish”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Our family of 3 dinned here on 7/9/2014. We ordered the following: 1 Snapper Riviera at $26.95 CI. 1 ten inch Paesana Pizza at $14.95 CI. and 1 Lasagna Bolognese at $18.95 CI.
We placed all three dishes in the middle of the table and ate family style. The Lasagna rated an 8 out of ten for taste however the portion was very small. The Paesana Pizza rated a 4 out of 10 for taste with very few toppings and a very small amount of cheese. The Big disappointment was the Snapper Riviera. This was the nastiest piece of fish we ever had. We do not complain when we go to a restaurant we simple attempt to eat what is served then decide if we would ever go back. La Doice Vita is defiantly on the do not return list. Many of the restaurants located in this area are able to stay in business because of the cruise ships. La Doice Vita is in easy walking distance from the cruise ships and the restaurant wins because they do not have to accommodate repeat customers. Our meal totaled $87.48 US dollars with the 15% gratuity that the restaurant adds to your bill.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Deepoutdoors
DolceVitaKY, Owner at La Dolce Vita, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
While we appreciate feedback, I am surprised to hear such negative comments about the lunch that we served you and your family.

We remember you well, and I personally prepared the food for your family. During your meal we talked and you were asked multiple times how everything was. At which the response appeared positive. If there is something wrong at that time, we would have been happy to correct any issues.

Waiting to get home and then trying to bash a restaurant's reputation online seems like an amateur restaurant critic trying to raise their credibility while tearing down others. Where in fact we work very hard to have some of the best food around.

Your assessment of the cruise ship business is way off the mark. The majority of our business is repeat customers, locals and stay over tourist. While the cruise ships passengers are only on island for lunch and tend to eat on the ship or at the less "fine dining" options near the port.

Our customers appreciated the homemade authentic Italian cuisine that is prepared fresh daily. I know this because I am in the kitchen every single day and personally approved of all the dishes that are prepared and served.
Hopkinton, Massachusetts
“horrible service”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

we waited an hour and a half for our entrees and the waiter seemed to be avoiding our table so as to not have to explain why. We finally ordered a second round of drinks from the guy who refilled our water glasses. Food was not bad but we were so blind with hunger that we all inhaled our dinners in less than 5 mins. Not the way to enjoy a $250 dinner (2 adults and 2 kids).

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Jimandjen2014
Veracruz
“Gorgeous! ”
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

First ambience is great, you have a great view of the ocean and the food is amazing. I ordered a special dish of pasta and sea food, and it was so good. As they said is a little piece if Italy with a warm Caribbean touch. The waitress was brilliant and fun, and the owners are always there, passing by all table to make sure everyone is enjoying their meals. A must to go, if you're visiting Grand Cayman.

1 Thank MaluGranados