“Great Place”

Price range: US$4 - US$25
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: We are located between Georgetown & Owen Roberts International airport. Ideal spot to grab a meal when in transit. We are fortunate enough that we remain busy enough to constantly turn over our products. Ask the local fisherman we deal with & they will tell you that Agave goes through a lot of product for such a small place. We source as much local as possible. Many people describe us as "fresh". We strive to exceed expectation. Leave with a full belly & a smile on your face.
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I just love eating here. The food is always good, the service is excellent and with a smile. I highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

I had a lovely experience at Agave for lunch today. Fresh ingredients, friendly service, nice drinks and a whimsical little dining room. What more can I say?

Reviewed 15 March 2014

The place is tiny and the noise level is deafening. The food is ok, nothing special, the main problem is that they nickel-and-dime you to death. The chips (usually courtesy in Mex places) cost $5 US, over $11 if with guacamole). The salsa was dreadful, no taste (and they charged for it). Go to the other Mex place in 7-Mile Shops which is better and cheaper!

5  Thank Wrpmd
Reviewed 12 March 2014

My wife and I were happy to eat here a few times during our 1 week stay in the Cayman Islands. The ambiance was so cool I felt like I was in an authentic Mexican Cantina. The staff were very friendly and knowledgeable. The food was outstanding! I had a chance to sample their tacos, burritos and empanadas. All were delicious. As for drinks, the Mezcal by Ilegal was very smooth, I loved the Anejo. I highly recommend Tequila fans give this tasty beverage a try. For beer drinkers, Pacifico was very enjoyable. The location was off the beaten path but we had a car so it was easy enough to get to. I have been to quite a few Mexican restaurants and this one is most definitely worth visiting.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

I saw how highly the Agave Grill was rated on TripAdvisor, so we went out of our way to seek this restaurant out. Let me say, first of all, that it is NOT easy to find. We passed it a couple of times before figuring out that you have to turn off of one of the roundabouts to access it. We ordered chips and salsa to start, and that was a waste of money. For $5 CI, you get a really small portion of salsa (which is actually pico de gallo) and a few chips that taste like they're store bought. The meals themselves were tasty. I had one of the burritos with spicy shrimp. The server was very efficient and friendly, but unfortunately, after we were seated a group of obnoxious guys came in. The place is so small that these loudmouth idiots ruined the experience for us. Our bill came to almost $90 US for two entrees, two drinks and the chips. We definitely got more for our money at other restaurants on Grand Cayman.

1  Thank Emily F