“Really cool experience”

Cayman Islands Helicopters
Ranked #13 of 77 Tours in George Town
More attraction details
Owner description: Helicopter Tours and charters.
Reviewed 28 May 2014

20 minute ride around Stingray City, the Kittawake wreck, around 7 mile beach and then back to Georgetown was worth the $120 per person. I took my husband on his birthday and it was a fun and quick excursion that I would recommend to others! To get to the airport, park, get on the heli, land, etc. takes about an hour maybe an hour and half total so you could go to the movies, beach, scuba, etc. with your remaining day!

1  Thank JennerTX
"lobster pot"
"sunken ship"
"awesome experience"

Reviewed 2 May 2014

You cannot see Cayman any better way than up in a helicopter.

Cayman Island Helicopters not only show you the island but they have a great knowledge of it to inform you.

Amazing trip

3  Thank PaulrDean
Reviewed 21 April 2014

It is hard to mess up this service - it is a helicopter ride over a beautiful island, after all.

However, the little touches were missing, in fact we had a very poor service.
First of all we got charged twice. I was accused of having not paid upon arrival and, as the receipt was emailed to me (literally a scanned in picture of a till receipt), could not prove I had at the time. This was a birthday present for my partner and, as I was only carrying cash that day, he ended up having to pay for it. This meant not only did he know the price of his surprise but we were left embarrassed in front of the other guests. It later turned out I HAD paid already, as I had said to them. They argued before giving a refund (claiming that I had made two purchases for this and they did not realise I only wanted one. However, I had clearly booked on for that day and time and simply asked them to send something in writing to my partners work on his birthday to surprise him. They took this as me booking twice, somehow? There was never any confusion that it was all the same transaction at the time and the communications were very clear on that). When they did give a refund (after much to-ing and fro-ing it was for the wrong price and we had to ask for a second refund so that we would get the full cost back. It took a lot to even get the refund and it took a chunk of time out of a holiday. It meant that the trip was a little ruined for us as it caused so many problems!

All in all the actual tour itself was great. Felt very safe with the pilot and the views are priceless! He likes to make the odd joke and tell you a bit about what you are seeing whilst giving you enough peace also to enjoy and take it all in.

I would recommend that if you do this you go in person to book as the administration side of things was where we had our problems. Really poor service which is a shame as the potential there is great.

4  Thank Wouldwalk500miles
Reviewed 13 April 2014

My wife and I did this a couple of years ago and had Jerome (the boss) as the pilot, he was great, very funny, pointing out lots of stuff, making the trip fun. This time with the kids we had a different pilot who just flew around, didn't point anything out. So good, but ask for Jerome when you book.

2  Thank chrisp20
See more reviews
Reviewed 5 March 2014

This was a last minute decision for my family while on a cruise. It was AMAZING!! So much fun! We did the Stingray tour at $120 per person. I WILL do this again! The pilot was awesome and so much fun!! DO NOT miss out on this. I was able to video the whole flight and the pilot even took us over our cruise ship. They have a booth right there by the waiting area at the pier where all the excursion tours meet up. This last minute, spur of the moment idea, was THE HIGHLIGHT of our whole trip!

3  Thank Ashyn3