We spent five nights here. The rooms were clean, but sparse. The bed was very comfortable. Loved the Crabtree & Evelyn shampoo/conditioner...made a huge difference after a day in the salt water. Lots of towels, we never ran out or needed more. Plenty of closet and dresser space for all our clothes & diving gear.
We were lucky and had a terrific view of the ocean from our back door; others in our party were not so lucky and had a view of the side of another building. Ask for a specific room if you want a specific view.
My Bar and the restaurant on premises were excellent. The food was well done each time we ate. The My Bar servers were not very friendly, almost seemed put out they had to serve you. However, the restaurant staff was excellent!
Walking into town isn't very hard, although there are very few sidewalks, so it can be a little "interesting" if the road is busy.
GREAT access to the water! A quick, simple walk and voila...you're in! We had our own locker too and there was never shortage of air. The dive shop staff was superb! A high-class operation!
My biggest complaint about the rooms were 1) no hot water, only lukewarm and 2) no constant or strong wireless internet connection in the rooms. Everyone in our party, no matter where they were on the premises had no luck with consistent service. I didn't want to check my work email, but I did want to have access to email since our kids were at home. And, I wanted to upload Facebook statuses :o)
We plan to return to this hotel, as we were happy with it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- No Resort Fees!!! Best Value on Island! We have found the beginning of why so many people love Sunset House, Grand Cayman's Hotel for Divers, by Divers. "Stepping out of my room, feeling the sunshine on my face, catching that breath of fragrant tropical breeze, gazing into the alluring blue water..". More profound words were never spoken! This family owned resort is more of a big guest house, than a hotel. Everything you have dreamed for a Caribbean Dive Vacation is here! From palm trees to an amazing house reef; from 5 custom dive boats, to a famous underwater photographer; from amazing Caribbean concoctions, to spicy Indian dishes; they all await you! And combined with warm Caymanian hospitality, you'll wonder why you waited so long to visit this West Indian oasis, or why you haven't come back sooner. Of course, the Caymans and Sunset House are a diver's paradise, with crystal-clear waters awaiting your arrival. Come to Sunset House today and experience now, what others have seen for over the last 50 years. An underwater photographer's perfect dive. Shipwrecks, curious big eels, cuddly stingrays and a legendary mermaid await you just steps from your room! A perfect place for your scuba diving or snorkeling vacation! Packages include Breakfast, transfers from Airport and so much more! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Sunset House Hotel George Town
- Sunset Hotel George Town
- Sunset Resort George Town
- Sunset House Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands