IF your into underwater photography and many of us are, its difficult to get great photos due to lack of underesea life in the Caymans. There was only two noteworthy spots we were taken to on our week of diving, they were: The Kitiwake wreck that was sunk a year ago and stingray city. Both places provided reasonable occasions where a photographer could sink his teeth into a few great shots.
The staff was fantastic no problem there, excellent work, the Nitrox mix was a fortune as well as the overweight charge by Westjet (100.00 US) for two scuba bags. Of coarse all travelers know thats a big cash grab and have swallowed it but hey its a dive location and a sports bag should include scuba gear, and we all know it weights alot!!
The breakfasts were tiny in comparison to Cozumel where we all got fed like kings morning, afternoon, and night..and here is a secret (for half the price you get 3 times the marine life!!)
Expensive place, safe, lousy marine life, crummy food, great staff, overcharges for Nitrox, nailed to the wall with overweight fees for scuba gear by Wetjet...TO THE WALL!! Airlline staff are frumpy and could use more training in how to behave and wash their uniforms.
The big secret unveiled...get yourself to Cozumel..dirt cheap, lots of marine life..all you can eat and drink 24/7 great staff etc etc..and it felt safe as well..certainly safer then St.Marten where Canadians and Amricans are getting picked off all the time..( they hate us there)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- No Resort Fees!!! Best Value on Island! We have found the beginning of why so many people love Sunset House, Grand Cayman's Hotel for Divers, by Divers. "Stepping out of my room, feeling the sunshine on my face, catching that breath of fragrant tropical breeze, gazing into the alluring blue water..". More profound words were never spoken! This family owned resort is more of a big guest house, than a hotel. Everything you have dreamed for a Caribbean Dive Vacation is here! From palm trees to an amazing house reef; from 5 custom dive boats, to a famous underwater photographer; from amazing Caribbean concoctions, to spicy Indian dishes; they all await you! And combined with warm Caymanian hospitality, you'll wonder why you waited so long to visit this West Indian oasis, or why you haven't come back sooner. Of course, the Caymans and Sunset House are a diver's paradise, with crystal-clear waters awaiting your arrival. Come to Sunset House today and experience now, what others have seen for over the last 50 years. An underwater photographer's perfect dive. Shipwrecks, curious big eels, cuddly stingrays and a legendary mermaid await you just steps from your room! A perfect place for your scuba diving or snorkeling vacation! Packages include Breakfast, transfers from Airport and so much more! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Sunset House Hotel George Town
- Sunset Hotel George Town
- Sunset Resort George Town
- Sunset House Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands