“Great for divers”
Review of Sunset House

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in George Town
Sunset House
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in George Town
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Stayed at Sunset House during a very quick dive trip sans kids. Great operation and helpful staff. Great unlimited shore diving for guests. The mermaid statue sunk off shore is a must see. Our dive and room package included airport transfers so we didn't need a car for such a short trip. Close enough to walk to town.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank paulat
There are newer reviews for Sunset House

Reviewed 29 June 2013

Just home from a week at Sunset House for our first dive trip longer than a weekend. The quiet accommodations, restaurant, dive boat setup, unlimited shore dives, staff, and convenience were all wonderful! You can grab a good breakfast at the restaurant, head over to your locker (big enough for 2 sets of gear), take what your need down the walk to the boat, hop on and go for 2 great dives with friendly divers and very helpful dive staff (loved Aaron, Charlotte, Rhys, Simon, Tom & Lowrie); the water was great, we ended up nixing our 3 mil wetsuits and diving in shorts & rash guards; then when you return, simply rinse yourself & your gear and order lunch 10 feet away. Hang out all you want at the pool or on the deck of MyBar with the ocean view, do a shore dive or two afterwards and then go into the restaurant for a varied dinner menu and super friendly wait staff (especially Tracy & Julian, Shauna Lee, Moonie & Alex). There was very little reason to leave the property, but we did head over to Georgetown for some shopping & dinner once. Wifi worked in our room & around the property. Keith, thanks for how you handled the taxi situation when we were leaving. We are already trying to plan our next trip to Sunset House!

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms have a great view; usually A/C units keep me awake but this one was far enough away...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paul L
Keith S, General Manager at Sunset House, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2013

Thanks Paul,

We look forward to seeing you next year and thank you for describing all the amenities here at Sunset House! We are truly a Hotel for Divers, by Divers!

Warm regards, until we see you again... Dive Safe and Often!

Reviewed 18 June 2013

Had the best trip down to sunset house for PADI total submersion. Sunset house is truly for divers by divers! Mybar is the best hangout and food after a long day of diving, in between dives, or even at dinner time. The rooms are great and have had lots of little upgrades done now that Keith and Karin (the general managers) are on the island! The staff is the absolute best, where else can you go and have the staff greet you with a hug (on a return trip of course)?! Sunset House truly makes you feel as I'd you are part of a big dive family, and makes it even harder to leave the island! Sunset divers is hands down the best. Every single one of the divemasters and captains is friendly and fun! They are a super safe operation and follow all the rules of diving, and help to ensure that their customers do as well. The house reef is my absolute favorite night dive, and the best shore dive. The great thing is you can grab a tank, suite up and step into the water. We can't forget Murphy the most lovable, happy dog on the island! Murphy serves as sunsets mascot (besides the mermaid of course!) and if your lucky he will even help you to your room! Sunset house is my favorite place on the island! Don't miss out on a wonderful diving experience!

• Stayed: July 2012
4  Thank KarinaErickson20
Reviewed 16 June 2013

I've been to about twenty-four Caribbean islands, and stayed long-term on many of them; the Sunset House on Grand Cayman has been one of the best. I was especially impressed with the friendliness of the staff; these folks really were glad to see me, and it showed. Heck, they remembered my name! How do they do that? On top of that, the diving was quite good, and the hotel is just a short walk from Georgetown.
While on Grand Cayman, I took the time to research several other accommodations in the area, but only found that I was already in the best for both price & location. Believe it.
I really enjoyed my stay at Sunset House, and look forward to returning again & again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank AussieJonno331
Reviewed 12 June 2013

You can not ask for a better place on the island. Sunset House truly lives up to their name and brand "for divers, by divers." Mybar is the best hangout on the island and Sunset Divers are by far the best dive operation. The food, the atmosphere and the diving are phenomenal. The dive staff are all wonderful, I can't even pick my favorite of the staff. Keith and Karin are WONDERFUL. Heading down to sunset house is like jumping into a big scuba family! The rooms have undergone numerous upgrades now that Karin are down there, and make sure you stop by and say hello to the Sunset House mascot, Murphy!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank KarinaErickson20
Reviewed 10 June 2013

My stay at Sunset house was wonderful. I can not say enough about the whole staff. The dive shop was great. Our dive master was Charolette, she made every dive safe and an unbelievable experence. I look forward to diving with her again in the future. Keith and Karin were just great. I have never been to a resort where the managers knew me by name, and was always able to answer all questions and was always helpful. If you are looking for a dive resort to go to, this is the place. Thanks again Charolette.

Room Tip: I did not have a ocean view, but will on the next stay
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Richard_ZAdamsville
Reviewed 24 May 2013

My brothers just finished up a weeks stay at the Sunset House in Grand Cayman. Wow - what a great time. First let me thank managers - Karin and Keith for offering a military discount. My brothers and I are all veterans. My brother Greg was a last minute arrival and Karin was able to accommodate us nicely.

First and foremost, the Sunset House is set up for diving and the onsite SUNSET DIVERS is set up to make diving so easy. All the dive masters and staff are very professional and always available to make your diving experience as enjoyable as possible.

The food at the restaurant was excellent. We ate at a couple other places down town and found the food and atmosphere was better at the sunset house. Here is a TIP - when the locals are coming to Sunset House for food and drink every night, you know it is good.

If you want all the glitz, glamour and amenities of the Ritz, then go to Seven Mile beach and stay at the Ritz. If you want a super diving experience, then Sunset House is where you want to go.

I will come here again and I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: pay a bit more for an ocean front room.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Keith S, General Manager at Sunset House, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2013

It’s great to hear from our guests and learn that they enjoyed their stay at Sunset House. We’re delighted you had such a wonderful experience, great diving and were so comfortable in your room. Please visit us again soon as it would be a pleasure to welcome you back. And again, thank you for your service. See you soon guys.

Also consider these accommodations in or near George Town
Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach
Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach
#5 of 10 in Seven Mile Beach
Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort
Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Reso...
#4 of 10 in Seven Mile Beach
Wyndham Reef Resort
Wyndham Reef Resort
#2 of 2 in East End

Been to Sunset House? Share your experiences!