Sunset House
US$333
US$326
TripAdvisor
7 Mile Beach Resort and Club(Seven Mile Beach)(Great Value!)
US$369
Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach(Seven Mile Beach)(Great Value!)
US$261
US$223
ComfortSuites
Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort(Seven Mile Beach)
US$486
  • Pool
The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman(Seven Mile Beach)
US$970
US$892
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Sunshine Suites Resort(Seven Mile Beach)(Great Value!)
US$265
US$257
US$619
US$564
Holiday Inn Resort Grand Cayman(West Bay)(Great Value!)
US$208
US$168
HolidayInn.com
US$920
US$860
Grand Caymanian Vacations(Grand Cayman)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsshore divingdive staffcathy churchdive shopgreat divemermaid statuedive tripsea pooldive sitesunderwater photographygrand caymanexperienced diversdive lockerrental geardiving packagestingray citygreat place for divers
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Just spent a week at the Sunset House. This was my 4th visit but the first time since Keith Sahm became the manager. Keith, Karin and Murphy :) greet and treat you like family. This was my first visit since the oceanview rooms were renovated and we really liked the upgrades and improvements. Having safes and hair dryers in the rooms is helpful. The bathroom renovations were well done.

The dive staff was very professional and brought us to nice dive sites. They asked for requests and many people on our boat did not like wrecks, so we did not visit any on the morning dives, I did revisit the Kittiwake, which i had Iooked forward to doing so I was good with wrecks.

As always, the food is very good at the Seaharvest and My Bar. The staff is very friendly and extremely helpful everywhere on this property, including Cathy Church's Underwater Photo Shop!

Although I like to try different diving destinations, there are so many good things about the sunset house experience that compel me to return, and I look forward to my next visit!

Room Tip: would recommend an oceanview
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Keith S, General Manager at Sunset House, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Thanks ScubaD! It was great seeing you again and we look forward to diving with you again! We have not slowed down since you left and are continuing to do upgrades around the resort! We are finishing up a big landscaping project this week. Look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Had a great week-long dive vacation at Sunset House, Georgetown, Cayman Islands. The room was clean and large. Check in was fast and efficient, and friendly. Two outstanding notes go to Sunset Divers, the in-house dive operation: Charlotte and Laurie got us checked in and set up quickly and cheerfully. Aaron, Roger, Rhys, Simon, Pete, Robb led fantastic boat dives; the second was to the crew at Seaharvest Restaurant, especially Troy, and Tracy - by day two they had our names and room numbers memorized. The staff at My Bar, were warm and wonderful (thanks for all the matches, guys!) Tessa in the gift shop was sweet and helpful. Tienes (I may not be spelling that correctly) at the photo shop/gallery - a must see on its own - was extraordinarily helpful with me, the NOVICE photographer. I'll be back next year!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Thank you, Keith and Karin, for the wonderful food, service, and diving at your resort ! Our adventure started out with a very cheery greeting from " Sunshine " ( Jennifer ) and the friendly service continued on with Olga, Jose, and the rest of your restaurant staff ! The menu had a very nice variety available, with something for everyone ! The rooms were neat and clean, and kept-up every day ! For us " middle-aged dive-addicts ", nothing could beat the dive operation and awesome staff ! Pete, Roger, Lowri, Charlotte, Rhys, Stephen and all were the best and friendliest in the Caribbean ! Their knowledge and expertise ensured that our dives, especially on Big Tunnels and The Kittiwake, were magnificent every time ! This is a " must visit " resort for SCUBA divers who would really like to be spoiled !!

Room Tip: The " Ocean View Rooms " with fridge/microwave/ironing board/hair dryer/ marble and tile baths are well worth the couple of extra dollars, and are notably quieter !
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 October 2013

We are two PADI Advanced divers, with more than 200 dives each. Our experience at Sunset House has been wonderful, and I highly recommend this dive center to anyone! Over the last three years, we have done 10 dive trips, all in different locations, and this is bar far the best experience we had.
We stayed at Sunset House for two weeks and did 42 dives each during our stay. Our package included two boat dives in the morning, and unlimited shore dives. The dive shop also offers boat dives to Stingray City and Kittiwake wreck, as well as night dives a several times per week. We went to Stingray city as you have to go there once in your life, but this was not the best part of the trip, as we prefer to see wildlife in their normal environment.
THE CREW
We mostly dove with Pete and Rhys. Both are extremely knowledgeable and highly professional. They are passionate by what they do and the energy of the team is fantastic. They gave us detailed dive plans every day, including safety on the boat, drawings of the dive sites, and detailed information on the specific fish and coral types that could be found in a specific dive site. They always offered shallow and deep dive profiles on the first dive of the day, to make sure that everyone was comfortable based on their level of experience. They also asked everyone if we had any special request for a dive site.
Underwater, they made special effort to point out interesting things to all, showing genuine interest in what they do. (At the end of a dive, Pete showed me a yellow head jawfish with eggs in his mouth, and it took me 10 minutes to be able to take a picture of it. He stayed nearby, and I could see the smile on his face when he saw that I got a good picture). As we stayed for two weeks, we saw lots of people come and go, and it was amazing to see that even on day one, each individual was greeted by their first name on the boat, making us all feel special, and not just numbers. During surface interval, they always changed our gears and stayed with us to discuss about our dive. I only have good things to say about them, as well as of the other divemasters we dove with (Rob, Lee and Aaron). Special thanks also to Laurie, who always helped us with the logistics, and with a great big smile in her face.
I wish I could go diving next week with them… We both felt like members of their family. My only regret: I should have spent more time learning underwater photography with Cathy Church… Well, next time because we will be back.
Guy and Patricia

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PatriciaAllaire
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I booked this hotel in conjunction with Cathy Church Photo Center. The hotel was clean and well appointed if a little on the small size. It was walking distance to the restaruant also above good and to the dive center and then the photo center.
Normal amenities, good bed/linen, everything worked,

Room Tip: Ocean side definitely had great views and was quieter
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends