Never written a review for anything but couldn't hold back from sharing our love for Sunset House with others. My husband and I have traveled to many dive locations but this is our favorite.
The only one we keep coming back to year after year since 2000. Why? It has everything to make your trip fun & memorable. You can start with a shore dive from the afternoon you arrive. The reef is filled with a wide variety of things to see. Over the years we have photographed turtles, stingrays, eagle rays, angel fish, nurse sharks, tarpon, free swimming moray eels, squid, varieties of juvenile fish, octopus, purple sea anemonies, crabs, lobsters,...and of course the mermaid. That's only the start to your diving experience. Each day you have awesome boat dives to different locations. The dive staff takes great care of you so you get the most out of each dive. You must try Stingray City. The interaction with them is so much fun. Then if you haven't had enough diving...at any time you can hop back in the water for another shore dive. We never tire of the reef at Sunset house. Don't forget to try a night dive there too. You have your own locker to store your dive gear in. The set up makes shore diving so easy. Ladders are set up for divers and snorkelers to come in and out of the water with ease. We've brought friends that got their certification here because its the perfect arrangement with pool and ocean so easy to use. As for the hotel facility the rooms are all remodeled, clean and comfortable. Made to order breakfast is included each day. The waiters take good care of you. My bar is not only a great place for drinks and food but a beautiful view too. Pretty sunsets at night. As for the staff...you will be like close friends by the end of your stay. We can't say enough about Keith Sahm (resort manager) and all he has done for us through the years. We look forward to coming back to our home away from home again soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- No Resort Fees!!! Best Value on Island! We have found the beginning of why so many people love Sunset House, Grand Cayman's Hotel for Divers, by Divers. "Stepping out of my room, feeling the sunshine on my face, catching that breath of fragrant tropical breeze, gazing into the alluring blue water..". More profound words were never spoken! This family owned resort is more of a big guest house, than a hotel. Everything you have dreamed for a Caribbean Dive Vacation is here! From palm trees to an amazing house reef; from 5 custom dive boats, to a famous underwater photographer; from amazing Caribbean concoctions, to spicy Indian dishes; they all await you! And combined with warm Caymanian hospitality, you'll wonder why you waited so long to visit this West Indian oasis, or why you haven't come back sooner. Of course, the Caymans and Sunset House are a diver's paradise, with crystal-clear waters awaiting your arrival. Come to Sunset House today and experience now, what others have seen for over the last 50 years. An underwater photographer's perfect dive. Shipwrecks, curious big eels, cuddly stingrays and a legendary mermaid await you just steps from your room! A perfect place for your scuba diving or snorkeling vacation! Packages include Breakfast, transfers from Airport and so much more! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Sunset House Hotel George Town
- Sunset Hotel George Town
- Sunset Resort George Town
- Sunset House Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands