Sunset House
US$333
US$326
TripAdvisor
7 Mile Beach Resort and Club(Seven Mile Beach)(Great Value!)
US$369
Comfort Suites Seven Mile Beach(Seven Mile Beach)(Great Value!)
US$261
US$223
ComfortSuites
Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort(Seven Mile Beach)
US$486
  • Pool
The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman(Seven Mile Beach)
US$1,033
US$970
Hotwire.com
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Sunshine Suites Resort(Seven Mile Beach)(Great Value!)
US$265
US$257
US$619
US$564
Holiday Inn Resort Grand Cayman(West Bay)(Great Value!)
US$208
US$168
US$920
US$860
Grand Caymanian Vacations(Grand Cayman)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsshore divingdive staffcathy churchdive shopgreat divemermaid statuedive tripsea pooldive sitesunderwater photographygrand caymanexperienced diversdive lockerrental geardiving packagestingray citygreat place for divers
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 February 2014

We just recently stayed there for a second time (work trip). It is fantastic. I love the ocean view rooms, very clean and also the staff is extremely friendly and helpful, the dive operation is top notch and the food is great. Would recommend to everyone.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank nauimatt05
Reviewed 2 February 2014

It was only for one night. We were there for scuba diving on a livaboard. Room was clean,bed comfortable. We did not dive from there but it looked well set up with diving from the shore or you could get on a boat out your back door. We only ate breakfast,menu was minimal but food good. Excellent staff assistance to get to our destination.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Just got back from my fourth trip to Grand Cayman and my first to Sunset House. I had a great vacation experience. The place is an ideal set up for scuba diving. Our room had an ocean view. There was a lawn with lounge chairs right outside. This was a pleasant change from the crowded beachfront of the big hotels on Seven Mile Beach. The rooms are comfortable. The common space is great. My Bar is a really fun place to hang around . The food is pretty good and the Indian food that is served is amazing. Breakfast, which was included in our package, was good and really convenient. The in house dive operation was very well run and efficient. Due to the weather, we were unable to take advantage of the house reef. We rented a car, but it's walking distance to downtown. We got to know Keith pretty well- he's a nice guy and tries to be accommodating. The combination of features is hard to beat. I'm sure that I will be returning to Sunset House for my future dive trips. One disclaimer for non-divers: Sunset House is not as luxurious as the typical hotels on Seven Mile Beach, like the Marriott or the Ritz Carlton. Divers tend to be more casual, budget conscious and messy . Sunset House reflects the preferences and requirements of a diver clientele.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view room.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Joel S
Keith S, General Manager at Sunset House, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Thanks Solomander for you for giving us a shot this time and look forward to having you back! Sorry about the weather... This week, it has cleared right up and shore diving remains open 24/7 with all the ladders in.
I want to thank you too, for your commentary on exactly what are rooms are like. We try to profess this all the time, that we are NOT the Ritz, Westin, Marriott, but what we do have for the scuba diving community is incomparable for the diving enthusiast!
Now, some may take offense to your "casual, budget conscious and messy" remark, but you had us all laughing! (Sometime the truth may hurt!) But we do all have fun and look forward to everyone having a wonderful dive vacation here with us! Thanks from Karin and I and all the staff!

K

Reviewed 19 January 2014

I am an active PADI Divemaster who was certified in 1982, and quit logging dives many years ago (after hitting 1,000). Over the decades, I have experienced countless US and international dive operations. I happened to notice the recent review by a CA. diver (wtrdncr) and felt the need to offer a different, and perhaps better informed, opinion re: Sunset House, and Sunset Divers. Within the last year, I have stayed at SSH, dived with SSD, and referred many relatives and divers to SSH & SSD since 2004. I have also dived with numerous other operators on Grand Cayman, some of which I also recommend to folks. SSH and SSD are second to none when it comes to offering divers (beginners or professionals) a safe, enjoyable, and hassle-free experience. The resort and dive shop staff consistently bend over backwards to accommodate the needs of even the most "high-maintenance" individuals (you know the type) with a smile. The dive shop staff maintains a high level of situational awareness, which would go unnoticed by the casual observer. If you are at "My Bar" drinking a few Caybrews after your morning boat dives, and then go to grab a tank for a shore dive, don't be surprised if you are approached by one of the dive staff who might suggest (very politely) that you enjoy non-diving activities until the next day. If you are on the boat, and come up without your buddy or exceed the dive profile offered during the briefing, they will politely ask you where your buddy is, and remind you that solo diving is not permitted on the island (same goes if you are geared up and walking to the water alone) and to please pay attn. to the dive profiles. SSD practices a policy of Safety First, with a respectful smile. Sadly, there are a few in the diving community who believe some "certification" levels come with a license to disregard reasonable/common-sense dive policies routinely practiced by responsible dive operators, putting themselves and other divers safety at risk. My history with SSD over the years has been that they offer an atmosphere that provides a great diving experience for all. I will continue to strongly recommend SSH & SSD to anyone wishing to dive in Grand Cayman! (That's not a "secret".)

Room Tip: The "Avg" ratings re: fitness center and room svc is because neither are offered (or needed).
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Toyotamark
Keith S, General Manager at Sunset House, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Thanks Toyotamark and thanks to everyone who has emailed us with much of the same thoughts. We look forward to seeing you again and thank you so much for the referrals. It means a lot! Cheers! (and stay warm up in Iowa for the rest of the winter!)
K

Reviewed 16 January 2014

My family and I have been to Grand Cayman a number of times and have not stayed at Sunset House as we have a timeshare we trade into on the island BUT, "My Bar" located at Sunset House is a great spot for a post dive or post snorkel Caybrew and lunch. The menu is varied and includes burgers and salads but also some indian dishes and a great fish taco. Very Casual -- with reasonable process.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank MRaser
Keith S, General Manager at Sunset House, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Thanks so much MRaser for your review! Some other favorites at the Bar are the Bacon Wrapped Shrimp and the Fish and Chips! A lot of guests are blown away by the Indian curries and how good they are! Have a great stay while you are here on island!