We just arrived home 4 days ago from our first trip to Sunset House and are already planning our next trip. It isn't often that you go on vacation and come home feeling that you left your friends back on the island. Each person we met at Sunset House made a lasting impression. We can't wait to reunite with our friends again.
We spent 4 nights at Sunset during Tropical Storm Alex with no sunshine, but the best diving experience ever. The Sunset Divers staff, Mike, Trevor, Phil, Andy, Pete, Jaxx, and Greg each made our cloudy days into beautiful and safe diving. This is the first vacation that we have taken where we felt we made friends that we will keep in touch with for years to come, and will reunite with yearly at Sunset House.
For our birthday dinner, we had reservations on the other side of the island, not knowing that the cab fare would be over $140 one-way. Thanks to Glen, he advised us against the trip and then set us up with the best table at Guy Harveys, overlooking the water. It was also one of the best meals we had on the island. By the way, if you plan on travelling around the island, rent a car. It is much cheaper than taking cabs. The 1 mile trip to Georgetown costs $10 US.
After our daily diving we would hang out at My Bar with our dive buddies, dive instructors, and locals watching World Cup Soccer. Larry, Alina, and Julia took excellent care of us and made us feel right at home.
Sunset House is truly "For Divers, By Divers". If you are on the island strictly for a dive vacation, this is the only place to go. The rooms and amenities are designed to walk in with your wet gear. This is not a beach resort, it is the perfect dive resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- No Resort Fees!!! Best Value on Island! We have found the beginning of why so many people love Sunset House, Grand Cayman's Hotel for Divers, by Divers. "Stepping out of my room, feeling the sunshine on my face, catching that breath of fragrant tropical breeze, gazing into the alluring blue water..". More profound words were never spoken! This family owned resort is more of a big guest house, than a hotel. Everything you have dreamed for a Caribbean Dive Vacation is here! From palm trees to an amazing house reef; from 5 custom dive boats, to a famous underwater photographer; from amazing Caribbean concoctions, to spicy Indian dishes; they all await you! And combined with warm Caymanian hospitality, you'll wonder why you waited so long to visit this West Indian oasis, or why you haven't come back sooner. Of course, the Caymans and Sunset House are a diver's paradise, with crystal-clear waters awaiting your arrival. Come to Sunset House today and experience now, what others have seen for over the last 50 years. An underwater photographer's perfect dive. Shipwrecks, curious big eels, cuddly stingrays and a legendary mermaid await you just steps from your room! A perfect place for your scuba diving or snorkeling vacation! Packages include Breakfast, transfers from Airport and so much more! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Sunset House Hotel George Town
- Sunset Hotel George Town
- Sunset Resort George Town
- Sunset House Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands