“Best jewelry store on Island”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Goldsmiths Fine Jewelry & Art
Reviewed 17 March 2010

I have been traveling to the Caymens for years and I remember going to David & Yolanda's store Goldsmiths when they were located in George Town and I have NEVER felt like they ripped me or my wife off and a matter a fact whenever they provided me with appraisals for the jewelry we bought we always got them re-appraised back in the states and found them to be very accurate on their apprasing capabilities. So I am saddend that you probably didnt have a qualified appraiser to value your ring, but before you decide to scandel these wonderful people you should have taken the ring to another jeweler who knew what they were doing. Remember that when a jeweler tends to speak bad upon another jeweler it only means one thing its that they want you to buy from them.. I have several diamond pieces that I not only bought for my wife, but I also got a couple of special made pieces as well and I have been treated fairly and with the utmost respect from David and Yolanda. We are planning another trip for the Easter and I am LOOKING forward to seeing them and making a few more purchases for my wife. Goldsmiths Fine Jewelry have the BEST quality Diamonds on Island and I wouldnt go anywhere else.

7  Thank TampaBrian
There are newer reviews for Goldsmiths Fine Jewelry & Art
Reviewed 29 October 2009

My husband and I vacationed July 2009 at the Morritts Tortuga club which promoted Goldsmiths Fine Jewelers on their property. We purchased a diamond ring that they were selling on the property. I have copies of all the paperwork in which the ring was valued higher and the size of diamonds were not what they sold me and written on paper. They deceived me in believing thering was valued at $7250 (sale was 45%off-$3987.50 is what I paid)...brought to US in which certified gemologist appraised ring at $2800. I advised Goldsmith folks of the situation and was misled to believe ring was 1.75 carats and is only 1 carat (I have Cayman appraisal paper stating the value and size of ring). I have made several attempts to get this resolved but have been getting the run around since Aug 2009. Here is what I was told after I had been advised earlier that I would be reimbursed for the difference on October 8th if I provided a certified appraisal.

"I would like to apologize profusely for not being able to reply to your email. David has been and is still off island and I was just informed on what has been going on. First, I would like to state that we are not in the business to deceive our customers.. I am sorry to hear that the piece was appraised at such a low price by your jeweler, but let me interject by saying and to please bear in mind is that we have to pay custom duties whenever we import anything to our island. Also, the piece you purchased was a customed made art piece that took time to create by our jeweller who also has to be paid. Our jewelry is a work of art and we strive for perfection, sometimes that comes at a price, but it's art and that is what your paying for something that is unique. Our prices has to coincide with the amount of labour, duties & material we use to manufacture the piece, so again I am sorry for how you feel, but however we placed a fair price on our jewelry considering what we pay in duties.Regards,Yolanda Ebanks". .....

This does not change the fact that I did not get a 1.75 Carat ring.................
I am only asking that they take the ring back or reimburse me the difference for what I paid for it as I was told in previous communication.

15  Thank photophreakpat649